What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Confessions of a Nazi Spy (1939)

First time I'd seen it. Some interesting trivia about the movie from IMDB.com.....

Hitler reportedly planned to execute the makers of this film upon winning the war.

This was the first anti-Nazi movie made in Hollywood before the start of
World War II.

The movie is based on an actual spy-ring trial in New York in 1938, which convicted four individuals of spying for the German government.

Some well-known actors (including Anna Sten and Marlene Dietrich) refused to be in the movie fearing reprisals against relatives living in Europe. Many who did appear changed their names for the same reason, accounting for large number of aka's in the cast list.

Warner Bros. increased security throughout the production and some actors slept on the Warners lot. Sabotage was suspected when a boom holding one of the cameras collapsed, narrowly missing director Anatole Litvak.

The film did record-breaking box office business around the world despite being banned in Germany, Japan and 18 Latin American countries.

TO

Shows ? May I say a TV show?
In that case I've to say Gilmore Girls. Very good TV show.

If I can't, and I've to say a movie, I'll say "Hang 'em all" With Clint Eastwood.

Darnnnnnnnn , he's so cool ;)

Regards,
Lalja

"ORZEŁ" - about the Polish submarine in 1939,it's an old B&W movies made in 60's.

Users who are viewing this thread

• GTX
Back