What Might Have Been....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Who else love to read those old articles from the 40's and 50's, what life would be like in the 80's, 90's and the 2000's, look at them futuristic artworks and of course those classic car ads etc., etc., from the same period?

Jack_Northrop_Flying_Wing_Air-liner.jpg

Saunders_Roe_Princess.jpg

It's the 21st century, I was promised a flying car. And a silver jumpsuit. We were all going to be in our flying cars wearing silver jumpsuits.
D@mmit! Somebody owes me big time!

I used to love reading Popular Mechanics when I was a kid (and later, OMNI magazine)...it had all sorts of futuristic ideas. And at that time, everyone beleived that we would be on Mars, have a Moon colony, floating sky cities, eat meals in the form of pills and all sorts of cool things (kind of like the Jetsons, in a way)...

I posted a book I got recently along these lines, it's a great read: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/wwii-books/new-book-my-library-22210-76.html#post970250

I agree lads!

I used to love reading Popular Mechanics when I was a kid (and later, OMNI magazine)...it had all sorts of futuristic ideas. And at that time, everyone beleived that we would be on Mars, have a Moon colony, floating sky cities, eat meals in the form of pills and all sorts of cool things (kind of like the Jetsons, in a way)...

I posted a book I got recently along these lines, it's a great read: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/wwii-books/new-book-my-library-22210-76.html#post970250

Well GG, share some stuff! :lol:

According to Dan Dare, I'd have my own space vehicle and a place on Mars...
On the other hand according to Nevill Shute we all would be dead after a nuclear war.

Orwell was a clever man, some elements of 1984 and Animal Farm still ring true.

Flying Car!!! Good Grief Charlie Brown. Driven on the roads lately? Most of the cretins on the road can't deal with TWO dimensions. So we now have cars that have to be smarter than their owners. Cars that park themselves, apply breaks if you are going to hit something ahead or behind, and warn about side traffic. The self-driving cars are almost ready to go.
Now you want a flying car AND add another dimension to travel in???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back