What Should I do Next? (1 Viewer)

Which Model Should I complete First?

• Pick another model from the vast collection.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go shopping for something in 1/24

• Neither canidate is working for me.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Ok, I have several models in various stages of completion. I want to finish at least one but I can't decide which one. Or should I start a new one? I have a Fw 200 from Doug that I'm dying to start but I promised myself I would finish at least one of those already started. Can you guys help me? :) Thought a poll would be cool and fun. Now that I have a phone that I can take pics with, this is the first time I'm using it so.......

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 124
Dang, complete them all. I was in a similar situation, Njaco. Except mine had been sitting around for 25 years and because of neglect, had suffered. I finished them, but used them as a means of reintroducing me to all of my artistic faults and hated modeling idiosynchracies. My decals were shot too. If you are in a similar situation, Wayne gave me some excellent tips that allowed me to salvage them.

I vote for you finishing the Fw-190. She's a beaut! Then the Hs. Then the F4F. Only then undertake the Condor, since I'm assuming you haven't even started it.

I second Matt, in exactly the same order! Once you start on that big bird, you'll never get the others finished. Then, you'll forget where you're up to, lose some parts and so on, and all the previous effort will be wasted. I know, I just found it out with the 1/48th JU88 I dug out for photos last week! I spent many, many hours on that conversion, and adding detail to a fairly bland kit, now, I've lost the notes I made, and some of the scratch-built exterior detailing parts. Darn, what a waste!
And, as Matt rightly pointd out, the longer they're left unfinished, the more they'll suffer. As I left the JU88 uncovered for about 9 or 10 years, and totally forgot about it, the paintwork has detiorated due to the build-up of dust; it's actually attacked the finishing coat, which has gone 'dusty' and slightly pitted after attempting to clean it.

Njaco finish your JG 1 Fw please......when you get to your Kondor let me know if you need references as I have several......something for your data collection next spring possibly ~ but Classic Publications is offering a hardback just on the Fw 200 Kondor, something I am going to look forward to. Sea ops is one of my specific loves for LW A/C working in conjunction with the Kriegsmarine surface and U-boot arms

E ~

Nice offer, Erich. I have a couple of references on the Condor, including a cutaway drawing and cockpit diagrams, and also the book, "Condor, scourge of the Atlantic", which I admit I have only glanced through, although it seems to be a good reference, with some useful photographs.

its a good basic reference AF

now I suggest Chris Goss's 2 volumes Sea Eagles for one in the soft-bound items from Classic Pubs, another is the cheap book on Sea Eagles, in the Luftwaffe at War series

funny how Sea Eagles seems to be the accepted general rule for a title........how bland

now if only some chap would stick his nose into writing a book on KG 40 indepth.

there are some ok web-references as well ...........

Thanks for the info Erich. Whilst you're there, do you happen to know whereabouts Juterbog Waldlager airbase was? It was the base for 9/JG300's Bf109G's in June, 1944, the subject in my 'Budget Gustav Build' in the modelling section. I have the feeling it was near the Danish border, Schleswig Holstein?
Terry.

Terry

I know Jüterbog quite well this is where 10.(N)/JG 300 109G-6/AS unit was based during the summer-fall of 44 and a paper transfer into and forming II./NJG 11.

the Airfield is close proximity to Berlin as the Moskito-jägers were to defend the capital......it will be all covered in one of my books.

go ever so slightly S.W. of Berlin 50km to Lückenwalde and then another 15km south of that is Jüterbog

Erich, thank you very much indeed! I can now check it on the map, as I always like to know as much as I can about any aircraft I model, including it's base field. You've been a great help, and now, I'm off to bed!
Terry.

Thanks guys!

I've kept all the parts bagged in those boxes along with the A/C (if it fits). Decals I have tons of!

But I'm dying to get my hands on that Condor. I was thinking Hitler's personnal plane but I think the Mk might be wrong. I haven't researched yet, but KG 40 is about the only decals for the kit. I wanted something alittle off the beaten path.

Oh and thats all hand brush - no airbrush to speak of. Never used one.

Njaco

you might consider for the Kondor a later war scheme though not knowing what is in the kit for decals it may be for 41-42 only.

wonder if you could do several different variants and if the search radar set is included to do a C-4 and beyond ?

a C-8/U10 would be great with search radar and two Hs 293's under the outboard engines ........

I go with Matt's order.....the 190 first!

Christ the 190 and Hs129 are so close Chris kick yourself in the a$$ and get a move on.....plenty of incentive to get to the Condor man!!:D

...and some nice brush work!

What's holding me back on the 129 is the spinner. It has a spiral and - with only brush - I'm apprehensive about it. Haven't figured out a way to do it properly. Any hints?

Erich, only decals are KG 40 which really doesn't bother me. I've done badges from other units with custom brushes I've made -to get the small details, though it is 1/72. Just don't have much on profiles beyond KG 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back