What was your favorite......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My favourite sweets? Ooh,too many! Some of them would be Texan bars,Caramac and Curly Wurlys.I also loved the Fruit Salad and Blackjack 1 penny chews .I grew up in England by the way.
Favourite comic was 'Tiger Scorcher'.
Good thread though I feel old! lol!
Cheers,
Tony.

Pop Rocks were the rage back in the mid 70's, and we were knee deep in em.... I think I got 6 packets in my mouth one time...

We werent comic book kids, best comics were the Bazooka Joe Bubble Gum comics that were inside the wrapper.... We ate the helloutta that gum, tryin to save up and earn Bazooka prizes with the wrappers...

Favorite candy was "3 Muskateers' bars with a can of 'Mountain Dew'. Had that almost everyday one summer.

Favorite comic book was 'The Haunted Tank'. Followed that as they lost the Stuart and rebuilt a new tank from scratch, always watched over by the ghost of J.E.B. Stuart!

Dunno that I had a favorite candy as a kid, pretty much anything was good for me. I was a big fan of all four of the Conan titles, though, especially the B&W magazine-style ones...I always looked forward to the months that they threw a Solomon Kane story in there!!!

With RA on the sweets...would eat anything as a kid..(just starting to get picky now I'm getting older)

Comics: no single favourites, but loved Asterix and Footrot Flats books and Commando magazines, among others. Later favourites The far side cartoons and Calvin and Hobbes.

GREAT artwork!!

Attachments

• 8-1.jpg
    8-1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 721
  • biz0048.jpg
    biz0048.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,091
  • heavy metal jan 85.jpg
    heavy metal jan 85.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 737
  • heavy_metal_magazine.jpg
    heavy_metal_magazine.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,251
  • sorayam_heavy_metal.jpg
    sorayam_heavy_metal.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,254
I'm sure that most of you guys never heard of these, but anyone from former Yugoslavia will recognize instantly what I'm talking about...

My favorite sweets when I was a kid were "Pez bombone" manufactured in Slovenia (they are still manufactured today) and "Životinjsko carstvo" (Animal Kingdom) chocolates. The latter were small chocolate bars which came with animal pictures to be collected in an album. They were manufactured by "Kraš" in Croatia.

I loved to read all comics issues of "Lunov Magnus Strip" and "Zlatna serija", but my favorites were Zagor and "Veliki Blek". These characters were created by Italian authors, but were also drawn and published in former Yugoslavia.

Well, this was some journey through memory lane... I can't believe I can remember some things which happened 20+ years ago. Am I that old already!? :lol:

In the attachment you can see some of the things I was referring to (picture speaks like a thousand words): "Pez bombone" sweets and Zagor and "Veliki Blek" comics...

Attachments

• ts_000_rnd_mu6et.jpg
    ts_000_rnd_mu6et.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 797
  • zagor_001.jpg
    zagor_001.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,102
  • PEZ_Fast_tracked_candies.jpg
    PEZ_Fast_tracked_candies.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 4,284
Last edited:
Superman, Sgt Rock, Uncle Scrooge, Donald Duck.

15 cents would get me a Milky Way and an eight ounce Coke.

TO

Attachments

• super 1.jpg
    super 1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 619
  • super 2.jpg
    super 2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 601
  • rock.jpg
    rock.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 975
  • UncleScrooge29.jpg
    UncleScrooge29.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 783
Heh Heh! I remember those Pez bonbons when I was a kid Igor, and that's back in the 50's/60's.
Of course, in Jan's time, his favourite comic would have been one of the Dead Sea Scrolls, and his favourite sweets probably something like meal coated in honey....if he was lucky!!

We still get Pez bonbons here in Pécs.

As for Jan, had they perfected the printing process already when he was young? I thought flint and stone tablets was still the rage...? :)

Wow, it had WHEELS ????? :shock:

Just kidding my friend.. hey, remember how the dinosaurs used to chase us home from school? Great days... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back