What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My Sweetheart is making stuffed chicken breast at the moment...smoked ham and bleu cheese are the stuffin's...fried seasoned new potatos are on the side...smells good, can't wait!

I just looked over and saw a Chardonnay on the counter, too

Come on Matt you're home with your wife and you come on here, what's wrong with you? See I can be like you guys too

No you can't. You haven't been married for 25yrs. While I admire your effort, you have no understanding of the wisdom that means. But keep tryin'!

I laugh with you, not at you.

Dang that sounds good. I'm coming to your house tomorrow for leftovers. Alaskan makes some pretty tasty beer. If you haven't tried Alaskan Summer yet go pick some up. My favorite Alaskan beer.

Shrimp and Scallop scewers hot off the grill. Marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, white wine, garlic, basel and thyme.

Fresh peppers and zuchini grilled as well.

The farmed kind. Getting harder and harder to find open ocean shrimps. Most come from Asia anymore. Read a huge article on that just a couple weeks ago.
Apparently a huge worldwide demand for shrimp cannot be sustained at a cheap price without farming. So we end up with farmed shrimp virtually everywhere and the open ocean shrimp goes to fancy restaurants and high price markets. And according to the article, virtually all fish mongers and grocery outlets were silent or lied about their origin. You can tell the difference. Not by taste so much, but by texture. The farmed shrimp are "mushier".

Very nice Chris. That meal sounds wonderful. Which Shrimps do you use?

I am sure they were farmed. I bought them at the local seafood market. I took extra-large jumbo shrimp.

And tonight for dinner...

Grilled beef and chicken fajitas.

Having a garden party with friends. First to the range for shooting, then good food and beer.

Last edited:
Raw or cooked?

Shrimps here are smaller than Prawns and used to be a seaside treat. Usually in a paper cone with vinegar.

Raw of course. These were pretty good size. About 3 to 4 inches. Not as large as Arctic or Tiger Prawns of course.

I never buy cooked. Always raw, and usually still with the shell. The size depends on what I am cooking.

They are sized by number per pound. 8-12 are collosal, I think. 13-18 are jumbo, and 19-24 are large. Havent seen small. Usually around here people go right to popcorn shrimp after that.

I don't even know that that is.

Tonight, so much soccer this weekend. We are weary. Corn on the cobb with butter and fresh ground telicherry pepper and a sprinkling of sea salt. I don't know why I like sea salt so much better than processed iodized salt... but I do!

Now what else...

Users who are viewing this thread