What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

screenshot taken from FS2004:
these are what I'm talkin about

Static wicks. Terry meant "wicks", not vents. They are little whiskers that prevent an imbalance of protons across an aircraft structure relative to the electrons in the atmosphere. As a plane moves through the air it gives up electrons and hence becomes positively charged similar to the human body walking across a carpet when it's cold, only to get a shock as the free negative ions in a metal object like a door knob jump (electrical arc) across the narrow air gap to balance the charge in the body. In air, the atmosphere remains electrically bonded to the aircraft through these special static wicks thereby ensuring a balance across the aircraft structure. If not, the airplane become a flying lightning rod as well as creating radio/nav problems in a system where the normally negative ground (airframe) becomes positively charged.

"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats."
"Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God."
"Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want."
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer."
"You call to a dog and a dog will break its neck to get to you. Dogs just want to please. Call to a cat and its attitude is, "What's in it for me?"
"Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it."
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
"Never try to outstubborn a cat."
"Cats can work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause most inconvenience."
"It's really the cat's house - we just pay the mortgage."
"Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later."

Nice quotes Lucky, would have to say based on that, Cats are human women only in a different form...

It should have made sense to me knowing cats take care of themselves and use a litter and dogs hound at the door to go out..

The main difference between a dog and a cat is that a dog looking at you thinks "He gives me food, he gives water, he gives me home and warm, he must be The God."
A cat looking at you thinks "He gives me food, he gives water, he gives me home and warm, I must be The God."

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I definitely want to come back as a cat...

LOL I have 2 cats and a dog, and omg that is SO right!

well, I've attached the landing gear pylons and the props to the Constellation. I'll prolly prime it tonight after i get done installing this new kitchen sink. (and yes, we've made all the kitchen sink jokes possible)

To many in different stages

some from the list:

1:72

Spitfire PR XIX
Spitfire Mk VB,C
Spitfire Prototype
Hurricane MkIIC
Mitsubishi Zero A6m2,M3,M5,
Nakajima Rufe
2x P51D Mustang
Polikarpov I15,I153,UTI4, I-183
Junkers JU 87 B/R
Helldiver
2x CAC Boomerang
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E3,E4, G6
Texan
and some others....never ending list....

Users who are viewing this thread