What's on The Workbench (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the mustang's comin' along great!

I've applied primer to all parts of the MD-80, there's some slight running of the paint on the fuselage, I'll have to sand that off and apply another coat, or just say the hell with it and start on the light gray

looks good Magnu !
ok here the progress on my Ki-84, tried a bit of drybrushed aluminium for weathering, then a gloss coat, staert the decals next which include a full length white band overlayed with a full length red one !!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture 007.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture 006.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 1CAEJKODR.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 80
If you have any trouble with the stripes Karl cut them in to sections that match to panel lines and do a section at a time, if you were to choose this do it carefully to get a straight line, use a thin cut strip of cardboard to get your alignment won't damage anything and will bend to the curve of the fuselage.
Remember this is plan B.....hope plan A works!

Quick update on the mustang/s I have decided to do the Hasegawa, currently OD nose as Petie 2nd and the Tamiya as Nookie bookie IV as the exhaust stacks on the Hasegawa kit were already in place and did not want to be removed these were incorrect for the P51K. The Tamiya kit which was to be Petie2nd has not had the exhausts fitted. I have also managed to rescue the cockpits on both and have started to mask them up ready for the change of identity

Managed to get a bit more done today sprayed the blue and OD to switch the IDs. Cleaned up the joins in the spinners and painted them the appropriate colours. Gave both fuselages a coat of Citadel Bolt gun metal, and the wings in Mithril silver. Lost some of the blue when I took the masking off so that will have to have a touch up. Dirtied up the wheel wells on Petie 2nd and gave the rear wall a coat of zinc chromate

beautiful job on those 'stangs!

I've primed, masked and sprayed the MD-80 with chrome. but the paint it on a lil thick. so I'm waiting a couple days for it to completely dry and cure before I do ANYTHING to fix it

Next up is something a little different for me and much smaller than I'm use to. The Academy Mini-craft B-17J in 1/144. In recent months I've purchased quite a few of these 1/144 bombers but have yet to crack one open. I figure now is as good as any right?

Even in this scale i can't leave well enough alone. I decided to cut the engine cowl flaps.

Users who are viewing this thread