What's on The Workbench (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I guess you're right. If this was your girlfriend (see pic) you wouldn't take her to the pub to meet 'the boys', that's for sure!!

Trust me, if that was my girlfriend it would have to be eight pints and two paper bags. One to go over her head, and one to go over mine, just in case.

HPIM1712.jpg

With the warm weather starting I've had less time at the bench but here's what I've been up to.

Masking the wings and fuselage for Tubarao

IMG_3014.jpg

And paint work has started on my Coastal Blenheim

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

started the decals on my Ki-84, as the exhausts an cowl are molded as part of the fuselage i had to cut the full length white and red decals around them wit a resulting small amount of damage :oops:.
one side is done waiting for them to bed down before i do the other side

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 61
Great work guys!

I've been playing with the Mustang again (Academy 1:72 P-51D). After a bit if chopping and changing parts, she's finally starting to look the part...almost time for the most dreaded part: painting!

Great work guys!

I've been playing with the Mustang again (Academy 1:72 P-51D). After a bit if chopping and changing parts, she's finally starting to look the part...almost time for the most dreaded part: painting!

I'm making one of those at the moment,nice little kit actually.:)
Cheers,
Tony.

Ay, she's not bad Tony, but needs a few corrections in different areas. (Welcome o the forum, by the way!)

What I've done to mine:

Canopy: Falcon clear vax, with insert added at front cowl to fit;
Cockpit: mix of parts (Modified Italeri P-51D seat, Revell P-51B dash, scratchbuilt extras) ;
Wings: modified mg's, new wingtips formed from scrap resin, 1 mm fillets added in upper flap cutouts (from margarine container lid!), other details still to be corrected;
Tail: fillet sanded to correct form and position (was offset to port a little), tail-light area removed (to be replaced);
Radiators and interiors: scratchbuilt;
Undercarriage: Modified Revell P-51B legs, True details wheels, prob. modified Hasgawa/ scratch gear doors (to be decided), modified Revell P-51B tailwheel;
Nose: replaced with Revell P-51B item, various fues details corrected/ scratchbuilt;
Prop: Revell P-51B spinner, Airfix P-51D blades (not completed yet).

I'm correcting as much as I can - within reason. The wing, for example, is too thick at the root and thus has no upper dihedral, but that's too much of a job to correct at my current skill level...

Evan

Last edited:
great work everyone! and I hate long stripe decals, too :p

I've puttied and sanded the fuselage and engines of the 737. haven't got much more than that done other than fixing up some older models for an airport that's willing to take them off my hands. I'm not so sure about the P-51 that i have. I wanna keep it, but I also need the space, plus I plan on doing a 1:32nd scale P-51. I dunno, what do you guys think?

Now I'm for it !.

Havent made a model since...errrr....ummmm....around 1976 !.

Decided it was high time to get shown up by you modelling guru's out there, so last year at Cockpitfest (yeah, I know...I'm fast !) I brought this little beauty to start modelling again. Its taken me just about 10 months to get it out of the box !.

As the last model I made was M4A3 Sherman...modified to look like the ones in Kelly's Heroes... I'm not going to make any promises about this will turn out. It will be an OOB build, but I have a few OOB ideas to try on it, hence its not going to have its own thread. If it turns out how I want it to, it may well be the start of a series though...stay tooned !

Attachments

• 110b.jpg
    110b.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 110a.jpg
    110a.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 110c.jpg
    110c.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 79

Users who are viewing this thread

Back