What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice Dirk! What are you going to put on the deck?

I only have one deck and so far two Navy birds with more to come. What I see happening using the deck to display the latest build and for later photo ops. My plan is to have a representative of all the different Tomcat squadrons. Some squadrons like the Jolly Rogers will have all the different aircraft that had the insignia on them. Like right now I'm waiting for my JR decals for an F-4.

Nice work Dirk. BTW, the Beaus' cannon ports were normally covered by red-doped canvas patches, as were the wing guns, so maybe that's the reason for moulding them that way. If you need to see what they looked like, they're visible on my MTO GB 1/32nd scale Beau.

Nice Deck Dirk
Got these in the post today
Aircraft063.jpg

Aircraft064.jpg

From the looks of it this is a nicely detailed kit and the seller also included a couple of bonus bits as well 1/32 mottle mask and 1/48 PE seat belts
Aircraft065.jpg

Also got some decals for Kidd Hoffers Salem Representative P51B in 1/48 which I have been wanting to do for a long time
Aircraft066.jpg

This was also a good deal almost a BOGOF
Aircraft067.jpg

Aircraft068.jpg

Some good work there Dirk, those carrier decks are pretty good for their scale, nice detail.

Good buys Lewis, even if they are in the wrong thread...the Dora...looks like you got 2 sets of fuselages or 2 complete kits?

Yep two complete Doras plus another that arrived today along with my 1/48 Vampire and a very nice set of brass U/C legs for a 1/48 Dora . Am hoping to figure out a way of copying them

Just had a look and it seems quite basic but with a reasonable amount of detail hopefully it will go together better than the airfix one

Yes, HC kits tend to be a bit basic, but rather nicely moulded, and go together well. Look forward to seeing it.

I've started work on the 707. this bird is BIG. I'll be listening to Johnny cash and the steve miller band's jet airliner for a while. lol

I've assembled the fuselage but not before putting in playdoh inside and putting weights in the nose. I've also assembled the landing gear, wings, and the JT4-D engines. and I'll also be watching Airport '70. and watcing that makes me wanna do a Trans Global Airlines 707. lol

Just had a closer look at the Vampire and compared it to the airfix one. The fuselage pod is very different and sits too far forward, the trailing edge of the wing is almost flush with the end of the pod which is not right at all. It looks like I will be doing only my A10 for the GB after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back