What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

2 1/72's I'm working on -

Hasegawa Spitfire Mk1
Academy Hawker Typhoon Mk1B

p1080379e.jpg

The Hasegawa is a nice kit though the decals are very flimsy (old kit I guess)
I actually managed to get the Invasion stripes on the Typhoon though they don't look brilliant imho.
I think painting them will be the go next time.
Cheers,
Tony.

I've applied putty to the seams of the 707's fuselage, wings, and engines. I prolly won't be able to sand it down today since it looks like I've got a LOT to do with other things, today.

Been playing with this up in Budapest...RS Models 1:72 Zlín Z-XII. So far just cleaning up the injector pin marks - not the most beautiful of my work, but the forward frames look like frames and not blobs atleast...

The second project was completed 2 weeks ago, this picture taken in the last stages...very nice subject!

Attachments

• STA53876.JPG
    STA53876.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 123
  • STA53875.JPG
    STA53875.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 102
amazing portrait!

I've sanded down the 707, can't wait to apply primer!

Sounds good Rob!

Thanks too guys! Was still working on the mouth area at the time that pic was taken, trying to catch her Mona Lisa smile... Looked much nicer when finished, and everyone reckons I got her down to a tee!

I sanded around the cockpit a little too hard and I saw seams. so I had to apply a little more putty to the 707

Not lost exactly, bought a new mountain bike last month and have been putting in the miles. I am a few lbs lighter but the FAA collection has stalled. Back to it now!

I've sprayed chrome to the engines and engine pylons to the 707. I tried to do it to the wings, but I ran out of paint in the can. amazing, I had this paint for 3 years and it just now runs out lol so I wiped off the wings with a paper towel, I'll have to wait till tomorrow or so to get a new can of paint and more latex gloves.

Well not exactly a plane but! My wife, I should have got the puppy instead, is already complaining abot my Squadron in the living room, they are near the TV in "plane" sight. So I have come up with a plan for a display case, see attached drawing. Have sent it of to a metal fabricator to get panels trimmed an punched. I want to see if I can use flush AC rivets and paint Corsair blue. You think?

Attachments

• wide assy.pdf
    384.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back