What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

can't see the pics. you musta taken 'em off.

anyways, I've applied the first coat of gloss white to the fuselage and engines. could possibly be the only coat I need, cos I've suddenly found it easier to spray it with flat white first, then gloss white

can't see the pics. you musta taken 'em off.

anyways, I've applied the first coat of gloss white to the fuselage and engines. could possibly be the only coat I need, cos I've suddenly found it easier to spray it with flat white first, then gloss white. I'm working on painting the landing gear

Time for Pics Rob!:D

ok! lol

HPIM1759.jpg

Here are a couple kits I've picked up over the last few months. As you can see I'm on a bit of a 1/144 scale kick.

These are already in progress. They are up to the first coat of black paint.My goal is one on the ground the other in flight.
IMG_3281.jpg

These are just cool. One will be Atomic Tom like on the box the other I plan to make into a Washington
IMG_3291.jpg

I got the Black Bunny to go with my new fledgling collection of F-14 Tomcats. Come on who wouldn't like a black Tomcat? [Giggidy] My goal is to have a Tomcat from all the different squadrons like the Grim Reapers, Bounty Hunters etc... Next is a F-4 Phantom I plan to build as a Jolly Rogers bird to go with my F-14 and F-18 of the same squadron. The decals were available on EvilBay. Just got to see if they are still there.
IMG_3293.jpg

Here are two kits that came in today. Each kit contains 2 P-51 Mustangs. I look forward to putting these together.

IMG_3290.jpg

been slowly building my 1/48 Eduard Fw190 A-8.
found it very fiddley to build and fit the engine and have had a nightmare fitting the cowl over the nose guns, see the gaps :shock:

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 59
Not bad Red Two. I'm guessing Eduard expect most modellers will display all gun hatches/cowling open. If you're going to have the nose top cowling closed, it might be an idea to remove the gun mounts/feeds, and possibly the gun recievers, just leaving the muzzles visible. The cowling panel should probably sit properly then.

Not bad Red Two. I'm guessing Eduard expect most modellers will display all gun hatches/cowling open. If you're going to have the nose top cowling closed, it might be an idea to remove the gun mounts/feeds, and possibly the gun recievers, just leaving the muzzles visible. The cowling panel should probably sit properly then.

would probably help, but the whole way of building everything from the cockpit firewall forward is very over done and doesnt help with the fitting as there is not a lot for the gun cover to be glued to for a nice tight fit

Gotta give you some more JG301 choices Karl.....nice work so far...have you glued the gun cowl in place, or is it just sitting in place...?

its now glued in place Wayne, i put four small tabs in so i had a surface to glue it down on.
the gaps wont be too difficult to fill, i think small errors in fitting the fuselage and engine firewall have exaggerated the problem :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back