What's on The Workbench (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heres a couple of progress shots of the Academy 1/48th scale Sabre build. The model is painted, and decaling is underway. I've adapted the kit decals to produce an anonymous F86F of the 51st F.I.W. in Korea, rather than portray one of the 'aces', as shown on the decal sheet.

Attachments

• Sabre build 050.jpg
    Sabre build 050.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Sabre build 052.jpg
    Sabre build 052.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 41
  • Sabre build 053.jpg
    Sabre build 053.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 36
Thanks chaps! I hedged my bets on the yellow stripes; in case the decals didn't position properly, I painted the yellow stripes on before spraying the NMF, then masked them. I thought that, if the decals wouldn't fit, then at least I could re-mask and do the black cheat lines, and if they did fit, I'd have a yellow undercoat. Fortunately, they went on without too much trouble, although they are a bit thick (unusual for Academy, I thought) and I need to touch in here and there. Only problem, I got the diagonal ones slightly out of place, but don't look too close and you won't notice!

Thanks Karl. The checks are decals, which again are slightly out of place according to the diagram, but right according to the shape of the decals! I did do a bit of retouching on the black though.

Thanks guys! The Sabre's in 'the hangar' at the moment, as I want to get the Gustav finished, and Part One of the Diorama Guide done and posted. But I'll post some more progress shots soon.
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back