What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks, Wayne. going back to the 757, I've finally applied the primer that I shoulda done a long time ago. heh. it reveals some areas around the cockpit that need to be re-puttied and sanded

I put a job I'm doing at times

6d1dfc5e.jpg

f2ac47cc.jpg

aea2deb7.jpg

finally applied the putty to the 757 cockpit. I even assembled the engines to their pylons. I've not installed their exhaust cones yet. gonna paint those first and they'll be installed on final assembly.

got quite a bit done with her in the past few days. sanded down the putty couple nights ago, primed the area the night before, and sprayed 2 coats of flat white on the fuse and engine cowlings. The challenge will be masking the fuse in the right places. I could let the dark blue go as high as it'll go, but there's a possibility that the separation of the white and dark blue will show through the decals. so I gotta be careful of that

HPIM2571.JPG

Fuse is looking good.

HPIM2572.JPG

Exhaust Cones

HPIM2573.JPG

Engines

HPIM2574.JPG

exhaust cones dry fitted. looks amazing!

Last edited:
Good stuff Rob.You would have liked some of the airliner models my mate Mick built, about 20 to 25 years ago, and now awaiting major renovation after being stuffed in a box for many years. Where he couldn't get decals, he hand-painted all the liveries, and they're fantastic!

I'll see if I can get a few photos, as he's planning to bring them in from the barn where they're stored, and renovate one at a time. Some look quite battered now, but the artwork can still be seen. There are quite a few old East European kits too, of Russian aircraft in civilian service, all with hand-painted air line names and logos, and hand-painted colour schemes - some nice work to see.

Hoping to get some photos in the next couple of days. As mentioned, some are rather battered, with fuselage seams split, but the art work is worth seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back