What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TWA 757 update: a technique used from the book. I dry-brushed chrome silver on the fan blades to achieve a 3D effect. may have overdone it a bit. what do you think?
HPIM2585.JPG

I am running another model I have not posted anything about the lack of time but soon I'll put insurance

Is a fw 190f8 in 1944 Sicila 1 white, revell 1/72

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like we've got a good bunch of 190's on the go ATM. That F-8 looks interesting. Either way, I've been working on this Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190A-9/R8 (or R2....whichever you please). Goes together like a dream and I really wanted to get on with the paint job as I don't have that much experience with spraying mottle and such. Destined to be made into a Fieseler build JG.300 Sturmbock (possibly 6.JG.300 Edwald Preiss yellow 1 or 6.JG300 Paul Lixfeldt's yellow 12), so a red band on the fuselage is yet to be sprayed on. Mottle is quite dense in this case, but this is apparently especially the case with Fieseler build A-8's. I might go in with RLM76 to touch it up a little left and right, but sofar I'm pretty happy with the result.

I've got more pics to show, so once finished I'll put together a start-to-finish topic. In terms of construction I admit to cutting a few corners here and there, but I think of this build as a prelude to the 1/48 Eduard Fw-190A-8/R2 kit. This time around I wanted to focus on the paint job, not 200% accuracy.

Attachments

• 22 - En dus met met nog meer RLM nogmeerwattes.JPG
    22 - En dus met met nog meer RLM nogmeerwattes.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
THX guys. I'm thinking about turning it into Paul Lixfeldt's Yellow 12 of JG.300. Which leaves still a few things to be decided upon. A light ring around the frontend of the engine cowling for example. Hasegawa suggests it is bare metal or something, but looking at pics of the thing, me thinks that is quite unlikely.

According to these pictures I found via the net it looks like being of RLM76. It might have been "re-freshed" by the maintence crew at airfield or replaced with parts taken from another Fw190A. That's why it is looking lighter than other areas of the plane. It doesn't seem to be either yellow or silver as it has been suggested.

Fw-190A8-6.JG300-(Y12+-)-Paul-Lixfeld-Germany-1944-06.jpg

Fw-190A8-6.JG300-(Y12+-)-Paul-Lixfeld-Germany-1944-04.jpg

Fw-190A8-6.JG300-(Y12+-)-Paul-Lixfeld-Germany-1944-03.jpg

Fw-190A8-6.JG300-(Y12+-)-Paul-Lixfeld-Germany-1944-01.jpg

Fw-190A8-6.JG300-(Y12+-)-Paul-Lixfeld-Germany-1944-02.jpg

Fw-190A8-6.JG300-(Y12+-)-Paul-Lixfeld-Germany-1944-05.jpg

Based on the same pictures I was thinking the exact same thing Wojtek. Even though the quality of these pics isn't too happening it is quite obvious that this particular puppy is pretty beat up and worn out. Maybe a few damaged panels have been replaced or some paint work touched up somewhere down the line with the basic RLM colours on hand. Together with the partially RLM02 armour plates on the sides it will make for a few interesting features to go on this Fw-190

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back