What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WIP - One of my projects being finished: Revell 1/72 Me 2626B-1a/U1.

Started off as a repair of an old kit started in about '98, using original fuse and engines and repaired wings of my GB 10 Grossbombe.

Found out a mate (the one I got a stack of made attic kits from) loves 262 nightfighters, so will be a small 'thankyou' present to him for the kits. Will be displayed in flight.

STA51567.JPG

STA51568.JPG

STA51569.JPG

Last edited:
Due to a multitude of things in RL that require my attention ATM I wasn't feeling exactly like doing a whole lot of model building, but for the past day or so I've been working on a Tamiya P-51B I took from the shelf of doom. Set to be made into 'Buckeye' Don Gentile's P-51B. Needless to say this Tamiya kit is a joy to work on. Hope to keep this one going for now and finish it sometime soon. Already looking forward to picking up another Mustang project which I hope to turn into a P-51K of the air service of the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army from the late 40-ies. I already have a Tamiya P-51D kit (incuding parts to make it into a 'K' such as the Aeroproducts prop) on hand, decals to turn it into an ML-KNIL kite, and also been digging trough the spares box as the Dutch versions requires some minor modifications when it comes to underwing stores.

Attachments

• 08 - Streepjespak  aantrekken.JPG
    08 - Streepjespak aantrekken.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 09 - Onderkant in het neutralig grijs gezet.JPG
    09 - Onderkant in het neutralig grijs gezet.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 10 - Olijf drek er op 01.JPG
    10 - Olijf drek er op 01.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 11 - Olijf drek er op 02.JPG
    11 - Olijf drek er op 02.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 12 - Overzichtje 01.JPG
    12 - Overzichtje 01.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 13 - Overzichtje 02.JPG
    13 - Overzichtje 02.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 14 - Overzichtje 03.JPG
    14 - Overzichtje 03.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 76
Cheers Terry and Rob, and great work Jelmer!

Mine:
Seats almost done. Cockpit side panels to be further detailed next, and control column to be changed. Kit item way too thick.

STA51585.JPG

STA51586.JPG

Last edited:
Some minor progress to report on my Mustang. The excellent color photo's of Gentiles kite show a pretty beat up ride indeed. Lots of paint chipped of and things, so I went on and did a first round of chipping. Tamiya silver and a tooth pick, and afterwards some post shading with the basic Olive Drab color to blend it in a little bit. Also picked a set of droptanks and used Alcad to paint these. Me thinks some neat metal coloured drop tanks make the overall result a little more interesting.

Attachments

• 15 - sjipsjen 01.JPG
    15 - sjipsjen 01.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 16 - sjipsen 02.JPG
    16 - sjipsen 02.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 17 - droptanks.JPG
    17 - droptanks.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 52
Nice work Jelmer!

Cheers Rob, Wayne and Vic!
Btw Rob, credit goes to Revell for the belts and instruments, they are raised and just need careful painting. I modifed the cockpit side panels though, so these need new details.

progress on the 757. windows and passenger doors added. applying drawn window shades, now

HPIM2617.JPG

Trying to make friends with the airbrush... progress on the builds for my mates:

1. The victims... all 1:72
2. Ural 4320 cab and tray (modified ICM)
3. F-51D Mustang (reworked Airfix P-51D)

STA51725.JPG

STA51728.JPG

STA51729.JPG

STA51730.JPG

More pics to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back