What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WIP - One of my projects being finished: Revell 1/72 Me 2626B-1a/U1.

Started off as a repair of an old kit started in about '98, using original fuse and engines and repaired wings of my GB 10 Grossbombe.

Found out a mate (the one I got a stack of made attic kits from) loves 262 nightfighters, so will be a small 'thankyou' present to him for the kits. Will be displayed in flight.

Last edited:
Due to a multitude of things in RL that require my attention ATM I wasn't feeling exactly like doing a whole lot of model building, but for the past day or so I've been working on a Tamiya P-51B I took from the shelf of doom. Set to be made into 'Buckeye' Don Gentile's P-51B. Needless to say this Tamiya kit is a joy to work on. Hope to keep this one going for now and finish it sometime soon. Already looking forward to picking up another Mustang project which I hope to turn into a P-51K of the air service of the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army from the late 40-ies. I already have a Tamiya P-51D kit (incuding parts to make it into a 'K' such as the Aeroproducts prop) on hand, decals to turn it into an ML-KNIL kite, and also been digging trough the spares box as the Dutch versions requires some minor modifications when it comes to underwing stores.

Attachments

• 08 - Streepjespak aantrekken.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 09 - Onderkant in het neutralig grijs gezet.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 10 - Olijf drek er op 01.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 11 - Olijf drek er op 02.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 12 - Overzichtje 01.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 13 - Overzichtje 02.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 14 - Overzichtje 03.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 76
Cheers Terry and Rob, and great work Jelmer!

Mine:
Seats almost done. Cockpit side panels to be further detailed next, and control column to be changed. Kit item way too thick.

Last edited:
Some minor progress to report on my Mustang. The excellent color photo's of Gentiles kite show a pretty beat up ride indeed. Lots of paint chipped of and things, so I went on and did a first round of chipping. Tamiya silver and a tooth pick, and afterwards some post shading with the basic Olive Drab color to blend it in a little bit. Also picked a set of droptanks and used Alcad to paint these. Me thinks some neat metal coloured drop tanks make the overall result a little more interesting.

Attachments

• 15 - sjipsjen 01.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 16 - sjipsen 02.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 17 - droptanks.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 52
Nice work Jelmer!

Cheers Rob, Wayne and Vic!
Btw Rob, credit goes to Revell for the belts and instruments, they are raised and just need careful painting. I modifed the cockpit side panels though, so these need new details.

Trying to make friends with the airbrush... progress on the builds for my mates:

1. The victims... all 1:72
2. Ural 4320 cab and tray (modified ICM)
3. F-51D Mustang (reworked Airfix P-51D)

More pics to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread