What's on The Workbench (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ok here's what i have been up to, the Spitfire is the Hobbycraft Mk XIV and will end up as a 130 Sqn machine coded AP R, my Daughters initials !

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

ok here's what i have been up to, the Spitfire is the Hobbycraft Mk XIV and will end up as a 130 Sqn machine coded AP R, my Daughters initials !

Forgot to look in here for your Lightning Karl, she is looking good mate and the Spit's a good match .

THX guys. :oops:

A here is the Kingfisher model with the cockpit bulkhead fitted...

Nice to see you back at the bench as well Wojtek, it's been a long time.

Evidently AEROPLANE shares your love...

Jim I've got to tell you that as a sprog, the first time I saw a Lightning was from the ass end on a mist morning and I asked the stupid question, 'does that thing fly'. Months later when that very same squadron depicted on the Aeroplane became the aerobatic display squadron for the RAF, we had nine of them screaming down the runway in pairs and close proximity, all to stand on their tails and blast into the heavens. Karl may have dropped his ice-cream but I have seen grown men dive under tables thinking it was an air raid.

Sadly not Jim, the only survivors in the UK can only do fast ground runs which still pull quite a crowd. Also forgot to mention that the runway tail stand took the lightning up to 50,000ft in 1 minute and when you see nine of them do it, that's is a 'WOW' factor.

As far as I know, the only one flying is in South Africa.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftt2q6zNQ1g

Last edited:
From entry into service in 1959, until the advent of aircraft such as the F-16, it was the fastest interceptor in the World, Jim. Short legged, a sod to work on, but boy, did it climb and fly bl**dy quick !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back