What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree to a certain extend of course.Here in Poland you may find the PAF squares painted as a mirror layout what makes them looking strange at the starboard and port side. I would say it is always a matter of the painter who applies them. In the pic below you may notice he missed the work. :lol:

Fiat-G.55-Centauro-bomb-damaged-and-left-abandoned-Italy-02.jpg

Backwards or forwards those models look good Kevin.

Thks Andy I added a D Blue to some RLM 78 and applied to the sides and then did regular RLM 78 to the bottom.I said it's my model and I was going to make it like that print on the front of the box even if off a tad it looked to cool.The sub Mike was fun it's about 5" long just got to finish the plane man I wish I could build whilst out of work from that surgery.So many models to little time.;)

well the surgery went very well Hooray!! Now my L/hand still works some so maybe these might get finished and I want to finish my son's plane in the 35FW 803 it will be an in flight build so the landing does not have to endure 3000+ miles of travel.So the Hurri was suppose to be the J with the paint A/B I can never keep them straight.Well the new solvent I am working with works way fast ruined it.So, I went to the next Polish scheme after the decals were just about all laid I went F wrong scheme my Persian Rug flaw for this one.This build is just to have an early representation of a Hurri in the cabinet no great details just try some good paint.I really was in a quandary about the colors though alot of pics/profiles show a ruddy brown but many builds show a med to med earth I used a med Italian color.The PRXIX Airfix shows a H230 almost a green blue but the profile is like a Dr Sea Grey I have H145 applied now but thinking of adding some Blue .I will show a pic of the grey later. ;) Kevin.
ReCon 51 002.JPG
ReCon 51 004.JPG

Well this little guy hit the deck last night already have done.I got about another week out of the L/hand before they finish me up from the elbow to the wrist on the 15th.The L/shoulder feels pretty good guys ;) Kevin Oh the little guy/model.......
tanjk 001.JPG
tanjk 002.JPG
tanjk 003.JPG
tanjk 005.JPG

Good to know things are improving Kevin - but how the heck do you manage such small kits ?!!
While my L/hand still working some the small ones I do not drop like the big ones and the eyes are in pretty good shape I can still hit that 18"X18" plate @350yds without a scope with my M1a 4 out 5 shots at 57 still no glasses

Bump.....I was going to move this to the Start to Finish section but now its mostly finish so I'll leave it here. While waiting for the clear coat on the Wildcat to cure I finally decided to continue on with Armin Faber's captured 190. I noticed that I hadn't quite brought the underside yellow up to the right height so rather than risk having to go over it again after the top colors are on I'll do that now as well as the gear covers that I neglected to do the first time around. As is my wont, I'll shake the living crap outta the Vallejo bottle before I spray.....
GO CANUCKS....PLEASE STOP DRIVING ME NUTS AND ATTEMPT TO PLAY HOCKEY TONIGHT

upload_2018-10-11_14-39-26.png

While searching for something else I came across this profile...

upload_2018-10-11_14-42-48.png

...a reverse image search showed that this is the sole image and there is no other info other than what is in the profile: it came from Pinterest

My fear is enamels: worried that I won't clean the AB good enough. That and the smell as I don't have to exhaust set up for outdoors yet. Anyhoo....I was just about to blast on some D.Earth and was going to use Wotek's photo as a reference when I noticed the left wing: photo glitch or different colours other than D.Earth and D. Green...

upload_2018-10-12_17-54-3.png

I can follow this as a paint guide substituting D.Earth for Ocean Grey

upload_2018-10-12_17-55-59.png

Note the small photo in the top left doesn't show the anomaly as much but the ailerons are different.

Geo it is the sunlight trick. First of all, your pic is flipped. The Sun was shining at the port side. Here is the proper shot. Because it is a a freeze-frame taken from a footage of quite poor quality. It results in getting many details blurry and without the tone at some area. .

Fw190A3 RAF captured tops.jpg

The static pics look much better.

faber FW190A-3.jpg

faber FW190A-3_b.jpg

Additionally the demarcation line between these two top colours at the fabric skin of the ailerons , elevators and rudder can be noticed barely.

Fw190A3 Faber.jpg

Fw190A3 Faber1.jpg
Fw190A3 Faber1a.jpg

RAF-MP499.jpg

The lighter tone of the ailerons and elavators is caused by , firstly : these were of the canvas skin, secondly: the Fw 190A3 had them painted light. So the background for applying of the RAF colours was really light. This made the effect of being bright. Here is an image of the kite with the LW camo seen from back. Both ailerons were of the RLM75 at tops. The colour might have been a little bit faded what maximized the visual effect. Of course the rudder was of the yellow that worked in the same way.

Focke-Wulf-Fw-190A-III.JG2-(+-Armin-Faber-WNr-5313-.jpg

The pic source: the Internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back