What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

G-55 027.JPG
Some work today.And yes I got rid of that photo editor and if anyone got a good FREE recommendation please put it forth.No photobucket got that .Oh and the nnose for the albatross is red I started playing with it two early after painting and some of the red smudged on the sides I touched up the decals and the fuse tonightKevin ;)
G-55 024.JPG
G-55 026.JPG
G-55 029.JPG
G-55 030.JPG

Good stuff Kevin.
As for a photo editing programme, use Irfanview. It's a free download, and easy to use. Just edit, re-size and upload from your HD files direct to the forum.

Very nice Kevin, what's the Hungarian single wing? Never seen symbols like those on the wing

These markings are of the Italian fasces used for aircraft of the Italian Social Republic.

Kevin.. :thumbright:

Wojtek, thank you sir. Now that you tell me what it is I can see it though it is highly stylized especially that ax head. Strange seeing a Roman symbol on a Hungarian aircraft. Never would have guessed it

But where do you see the Hungarian plane here? If you mean the Kevin's one posted in the #6143 in the second and the third pic it is not the Hungarian plane but an Italian one, the Fiat G.55 with the Italian markings used by the Italian Social Republic.

Italian Social Republic - Wikipedia

Last edited:
some more pics.The pitot tube on the G-55 I made and I drilled out the cannons and put brass tubes.I have some Barrels for the MG up top but have only seen a couple of half decent pics of the barrel extension.The Albatross I am calling done and the I-400 just got to finish painting the plane and decals and it is done.I downloaded that editor Terry but have not figured out how to save could really use it on the I-400 so small ;) Kevin

Attachments

• g-55 001.JPG
    g-55 001.JPG
    376.5 KB · Views: 200
  • g-55 002.JPG
    g-55 002.JPG
    402.4 KB · Views: 210
  • g-55 003.JPG
    g-55 003.JPG
    413.9 KB · Views: 235
  • g-55 004.JPG
    g-55 004.JPG
    386.6 KB · Views: 253
  • g-55 005.JPG
    g-55 005.JPG
    415.9 KB · Views: 223
  • g-55 006.JPG
    g-55 006.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 216
  • g-55 007.JPG
    g-55 007.JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 204
Kevin, to 'Save' using Irfanview, go to the top left of the tool bar to 'File' and click on this to open it. A drop-down menu will appear.
You can then choose 'Save', or 'Save as'.
'Save' will save the edited image, replacing the original.
'
Save as' will save the edited image in a file of your choice, by clicking on this and then applying a title in the box which appears, and retain the original in the original folder.
Irfanview can be used for re-sizing, re-aligning (for example, to straighten a picture, by using Custom/Fine rotation), rotate etc, and brightness, contrast and colour can be adjusted also, as well as 'clean-up' and text addition, using the 'Edit' and 'Image' tools.

Or just click the "disk" icon at the top bar of the Irfanview. Then, in the opened window, choose the folder where you are going to save the pic. Also you may change thes name of the image ( file ) manually there .Additionally in the line below the one with the file name , you may choose the file type for the pic you want to save. The default setting is the JPG format.

Ok, makes even more sense now. I was looking at his third pic and the (from left to right) RED-WHITE-GREEN flag. Italian should start with green so green should face the rear of the plane on both sides

Attachments

• world-flags-by-design-3-638.jpg
    world-flags-by-design-3-638.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 4,489
I see. But the main problem is that these colour strips of the Italian flag are going vertically while the Hungarian one has them running horizontally..

The Italian flag...
Italia.jpg

The Hungarian flag...
Hungary.jpg

Also I have checked on that a little bit.. it seems that there is no rule for the starboard flag applying. Here are two colour images that show the red colour at the left.

Fiat-G.55-Centauro-6-Stormo-CT-2-Gruppo-01a.jpg

Fiat-G.55-Centauro-6-Stormo-CT-2-Gruppo-02a.jpg

However these two B&W pics indicate the green tone as the first from the left...

Fiat-G55-Centauro-Montefusco-Squadriglia-8-Giovanni-Bonet-MM91065-Turin-Mar-1944-01.jpg

Fiat-G.55-Centauro-bomb-damaged-and-left-abandoned-Italy-01.jpg

And the next two showing that the red was the first colour on the left.. although about the colour order seen, especially in the second shot, we may argue ..

Fiat-G.55-Centauro-Nucleo-Comando-Blue-2-1944-01.jpg

Fiat-G.55-Centauro-2-Gruppo-2-Squadriglia-Yellow-5-Cascina-Di-Maggio-1944-02a.jpg

Here is a shot of the flag on the port side. I'm not sure but it seems that it might be the same number "13" seen in the third pic of the post.

Fiat-G.55-Centauro-2-Gruppo-2-Squadriglia-Yellow-13-Bresso-Italy-April-1944-01.jpg

Also I'm not sure but it seems to be the pic of the Black "6".. unfortunately showing the port side of the fuselage.

Fiat-G.55-Centauro-2-Gruppo-1-Squadriglia-Black-6-01.jpg

Very neat little sub, well done.
NOW...that I give it some thought (better never than late) the grommets to fly the flag would be to the right (looking at the flag) sooo...
hanging the flag vertically the GREEN would always be to the LEFT (looking at the flag)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back