What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For lightening Dark Earth, a very small amount of yellow - test to suit, and then if needed a tiny spot of white.
For the Dark green, a touch of yellow and Dark Earth.

Moving parts done as per Terry' advice but I may have over cooked it a tad. I can always do-over iffn ya'll agree

004.JPG

This is what has hit my WB and why I stalled on the current GB USS America .The front hatches are cut out of the frame and made of wood sanded and stained and placed back into the plastic box frame.The deck comes from HISmodel to which I scored out 16' planks(4") and simulated nails with a #2 pencil.I did not do all the nail heads by no means just at the end of the boards.I have real wood CNC blocks in different shapes and sizes suggested for the kit from the same manufacturer.

USS America 002.JPG

USS America 001.JPG

USS America 003.JPG

Very cool. The first and last boat I did was the U.S.S. Constitution back in the late 80's. I remember the intricate little knots they showed in the instructions...meh...half hitch will do just fine
Mine was probably the 70's Geo I did the Constittution,Cutty Sark,Thermopylae,USS Kearsage,CSS Alabama and the Blockade Runner America.I enjoyed the months of work these ships gave me as a child.I will do this one and the Thermopylae in plastic and see to get back to the Pride of Baltimore ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back