What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's just about time to start with the paint.
Does anyone know what color in the Model Master range of enamel paints to use for U.S. Army armor? Olive Drab? Field Drab? or something else? I think I was in grade school the last time I painted anything "Army"

IMG_3056s.JPG

A repaint of the FineMolds Judy, I tried to loosely replicate the wear on the upper wings but I'm not to happy with the results so I may touch that up. And, of course, I had to muck up the decals a bit....but they did work well the one(s) I have on.
IMG_1383.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG
IMG_1390.JPG

Here's one that sneaks out of the boxes now and then, a bit of a fantasy wiffer project. Not so much a '46er as an alternate '45, well in my view anyway. If anyone has the Dragon G-1G/G10 kit they could part with the fuselage extension from, or even an old fuselage, I would greatly appreciate acquiring it.
IMG_1173.JPG
IMG_1174.JPG
IMG_1175.JPG

Judy looks good.

nsmekanik - would a JU88A-4 be of any use ?
I have a scrap model I bought for spares, assembled but not painted, and it's more or less complete from the cockpit joint aft. Maybe 'chop and shut' to make the extension required ?
Forgot to add -- mine is 1/48th scale.

Last edited:
Great stuff guys!

Especially that Stealth Ship Jim! Just like the real thing - can't even see it by looking at it!

( BTW, where did you find colour pics? Been looking everywhere... :) )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back