What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

as promised in an earlier post this is my little waiting to be built stash :oops:

DSCF6371.jpg

DSCF6372.jpg

DSCF6376.jpg

2800 series tank :)

I've been browsing Hattons site lately getting tempted by some nice locos there I must say.

Got some nice builds ahead of you :D

My stash... only a small one as yet. The KGV is a mess, not one of my better efforts, but I may salvage it. The BMW will be completed at some point, planning on doing the Hurri in 32 Squadron colours after my Nachtjager is completed... unless I get distracted and buy something else meantime, of course 8)

a.jpg

tee hee the Trainset is there so I can put all those kits up there :lol: the whitley appears to be quite good, I will let you all know my thoughts when i build her, I shall be doing a bomber command Mk V as opposed to the Coastal Command Machine supplied as I want to build one of each type of British built bomber that flew with bomber command during the Second World War, So far I have Blemheim, Lancaster, Stirling, Wellington and I also include the Tiger Moth and Avro Anson as training aircraft, I did have a Halifax but somone managed to come though my door trip and fall and turn 90 degrees miss the stirling in front of it and smash it, so I shall be replacing that at some point so as I see it I only have to add:
Hampden
Battle
Halifax
Mosquito
Manchester

If I have missed any please let me know 8)

@ BombTaxi spooky how you have the King George V and I have Bismarck, it was my Dads favourite so I (as kids do) had to choose my own ship and I chose Hood, do Revell make Hood in the same scale do you know?

Lanc 630, you could also add the following to your Bomber Command line-up, as they served, although perhaps not as Main Force;
Mitchell
B17G
Boston
Ventura
B24J
The above were British based incidentally.

Lanc, not sure if Revell do Hood in that scale, I'm pretty sure Tamiya do her in 1/700 waterline though. I have something of a Bomber Command fixation too (although I indulge mine in Microsoft Flight Sim 8) ), once my skills improve I would like to try a large scale bomber, like a 1/48 Wimpy or something similar.

With my first part of the Group Build out of the way, and some older models cleaned and repaired, I've managed to just about finish the Academy 1/48th scale F86 Sabre. It just needs some tidying up here and there, the navigation lights adding, then placing on a base with the rather neat standing pilot figure that comes with the kit, and a groundcrew member or two, which will be 'converted' from Tamiya Panzer servicing crew figures. I'll post pictures of the finished display in my '30 Years of Airframes' Models' thread soon, but meanwhile, here's how the model looks so far.

Attachments

• Sabre build 131.jpg
    Sabre build 131.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Sabre build 138.jpg
    Sabre build 138.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Sabre build 127.jpg
    Sabre build 127.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Sabre build 129.jpg
    Sabre build 129.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Sabre build 135.jpg
    Sabre build 135.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Sabre build 144.jpg
    Sabre build 144.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Sabre build 140.jpg
    Sabre build 140.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 31
  • Sabre build 146.jpg
    Sabre build 146.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 30
Also I'm not the bigest one.But she looks really great Terry.:D

Thanks very much, Daniel and Wojtek. I quite like the Sabre, although there are better looking jets from that era, or just after, such as the beautiful Hunter.

That's one h*ll of a spiffy looking Sabre old fart....love the F-86, not those with the "nose" though, they're ugly. Would certainly be proud to have that one my shelf Terry, old chap! :notworthy:

Thanks awfully, old chaps! Trying to decide whether or not to have an 'armourer' at the gun hatch, or just keep it simple, with the pilot and a crew chief. Decisions, decisions!!

I'd have an armourer at the guns with the pilot talking to him and maybe another of the froundcrew next to them with the "belts" hanging around neck and shoulders....8)

Nice idea Jan! But! Belts are already loaded into the flexi-feed chutes, and the pilot and bird are 'ready to go'. Also, it's only going on a small base, so want to keep it simple. The pilot figures are rather nice though; one sitting, and another standing, complete with parachute harness and pack, bone dome, 'speed jeans', separate arms and separate oxygen masks! That's the only reason I want to include figures, the pilot's too good to waste!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back