What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am hoping to get the rest of the stencils laid out tomorrow.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• P-51 001.JPG
    P-51 001.JPG
    521 KB · Views: 29
  • P-51 002.JPG
    P-51 002.JPG
    569 KB · Views: 29
Hi everyone been a while since I've posted but just got the new Tamiya P-38J on Wednesday and started painting and assembling, here is the instrument panel, out of the box, I just drilled holes through the foot pedals. Used the Tamiya decal and dull coated it, put a drop of Future I to each gauge for the glass. Finally tried the Mr Setter Mr Softer, made the decals fit into each recess nicely.
Dave C
20220724_153758.jpg

Surprised with this, usually Tamiya is known to fit like a glove, but with the gun door in the left side there's a large gap. Top edge and bottom edge fit perfectly but in the center will need to be filled. Other side fit perfectly.

Attachments

• 20220726_192957.jpg
    20220726_192957.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 33
Was a simple fix, in order to save the delicate fastener holes I put a piece of tape along the edge of the door and used a water based Perfect Plastic Putty, forcing it into the gap and wiping it smooth with a wet finger. Will see how it looks under a coat of primer.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back