What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And if Roy Avoid the cockpit, ignore some seam gaps. This is two days work! Bottom painted. Top, first color includes spinner and prop blades. Should finish by next weekend!!!!
20230909_213441.jpg

The USS The Buchanan, a 4 stack Wicks-class destroyer launched in 1919, and one of the 50 lend-lease destroyers provided to the Royle Navy in 1940. The Buchanan was renamed HMS Campbeltown and used in the St. Nazaire Raid, loaded up with explosives and ramming and destroying the drydock there.

This is the old Revell kit I started years ago. I had the deck and some of the superstructure done when paint spilled over the foredeck. I didn't see it until it was well hardened and glued down to my work bench. when trying to pull it up from the bench the foredeck snapped off and I lost interest.
I pulled it out last week and repaired and repainted the deck and put the hull together adding the deck, the stacks and the remainder of the superstructure.
Still a lot of fiddly bits to go but it's moving along once again.

P1040084.JPG
P1040085.JPG

The USS The Buchanan, a 4 stack Wicks-class destroyer launched in 1919, and one of the 50 lend-lease destroyers provided to the Royle Navy in 1940. The Buchanan was renamed HMS Campbeltown and used in the St. Nazaire Raid, loaded up with explosives and ramming and destroying the drydock there.

This is the old Revell kit I started years ago. I had the deck and some of the superstructure done when paint spilled over the foredeck. I didn't see it until it was well hardened and glued down to my work bench. when trying to pull it up from the bench the foredeck snapped off and I lost interest.
I pulled it out last week and repaired and repainted the deck and put the hull together adding the deck, the stacks and the remainder of the superstructure.

View attachment 737259View attachment 737260
It looks like the San Pablo from the movie, Sand Pebbles.

The USS San Pablo was an one-funnel gunboat. The model is the four-pipes vessel and she is a destroyer. So the different ship classes of different size, I woud say.

The USS San Pablo ...
san_pablo.jpg

The USS Buchanan (DD-131) , later known as HMS Campbeltown used for the St. Nazaire Raid.
USS_Buchanan_1936.JPG

View attachment 737259View attachment 737260

I'm amazed you still had it kicking around, I don;t have storage for such luxuries. How long ago was the paint spill Glenn. :thumbright: :D
It must have been 7 or 8 years ago. When I gave up on it I put it back in its box and put the box back in the stash. Last week I was digging in the drawer where I keep my decals and found one of the instruction sheets way in the bottom, so I pulled the kit down to put it away and decided to start in on it again.

What 5 days for my speed build?! Nuttin fancy just so I would have two AVG on the shelf.
Note to self "if you're going to have part of a sqn, use the same bloody kit maker".
I will be the only one to notice, but! Decals are a bit bigger, the top wing roundels.
Little detail in the canopy parts. No movable wing parts. A thinner body.
Who knows which is more accurate. I wouldn't do the Academy again!
Now on to somethin else.
Acad AVG 4.jpgAcad AVG 3.jpgAcad AVG 2.jpgAcad AVG 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back