What's on The Workbench (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its a adhesive low-tack clear sheet used for masking. Its like computer paper but very thin and easy to cut and play with for all the angles and curves of models..

Camo is done.. have to do some touch-ups because the tape ripped off my gloss cote protection lol. Main body was camo'd with paper, tapes, and my liquid mask!

Attachments

• PICT0758.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 32
  • PICT0759.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 37
  • PICT0760.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 32
  • PICT0761.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 34
I gave the 1/72 some Alclad. I think I sprayed too much glossy black on therefore "clogging" the details of the wings on the top. As for the bottom I just sprayed the aluminum on the primer, looks a fair amount better. The site did praise glossy black for chrome and polished aluminum, not the colors I have. Eh I still can use it for my P61 black widow!

I am improving with the Alclad and airbrush though, I should have it pat down soon.

Attachments

• PICT0765.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 37
  • PICT0764.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 37
  • PICT0763.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 34
  • PICT0762.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 34
Agree with Wayne. A little tip to prevent the tape lifting the paint etc. Even though Tamiya tape is low tack, if in any doubt, run the tape between your thumb and forefinger, making sure they're clean first (!), to remove a bit of the tack. It works most of the time!

Its a adhesive low-tack clear sheet used for masking. Its like computer paper but very thin and easy to cut and play with for all the angles and curves of models..

Now I understand.Thanks for the info..That's way I was a little surprised by these nice como spot edges.Well done.

But I have another question.Are you sure that these spots on upper surfaces of the fuselage were of the shape?

Actually Wurger, I dont have frisket yet. I used computer paper for my camo, then I used tape and such for the main body. I WANT to buy frisket since it will be easier lol! And the top of the fuselage the pointy designs on the front were a little shorter then the picture on the instructions and I almost nailed the back. I used my liquid mask for this since I wasnt risking tape and computer paper is hard to shape on curves, in other words I rushed that process.

Fixing it now.. will re-post the new shapes

Here you go Wojtek, as promise and one more.. and thats it.. next post is in completed builds

As for the bottom, I am never making my own airbrush mix again.. air series lol! Lots of mishaps and a big mess.. not worth it

Attachments

• PICT0770.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 33
  • PICT0771.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 32
Yeah boys I do, Its called making my own mix and running out and patching it with a brush. But who really cares about the bottom?

I agree the bottom is not as important as the upper sides. But these green "teeth" still seem to be to too short.

Spot on Wojtek, I tried to to get them close to what was shown on the decal sheet. Suprised I didnt get the camo wrong. The day I satisfy all your criteria for models will be a day very far away..

Atleast your honest though, no crap around the edges!

well, I sprayed the top part with black green, then I realized I screwed up, then I sprayed it with dark green. and then I ran out of air. so I need to pick up some more and put another coat of dark green.

Users who are viewing this thread

• A4K