What's on The Workbench (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some pics for you chaps. I think it looks like garbage... [The lighting also sucks, the last pic shows the true shine to it] The tarnish spot on the right wing stabilizer is sanding, will respray tomorrow. Also tried some penciling of the panel lines for a visual.

Attachments

• DSC_0049.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0050.JPG
    DSC_0050.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0053.JPG
    DSC_0053.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0057.JPG
    DSC_0057.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 100
Oooo shiny i like lookin good mags.BB Im not too up to speed on liberators but from the pics i have seen the front turret did vary on the J model as to early or late i,m not shore .

Last edited:
Some useful pics for you there Joe. When you find out more about your friend's unit, let me know. I'll dig out what I've got on the Squadron, and some useful detail shots of the 22/24.
I've just ordered the 1/32nd Revell kit, to do that MkXIV conversion I mentioned, just got to get the MkV now. I've also dug out my eleven year old 1/48th Airfix 22/24, which I'm going to do as a kite from the R.AuxAF Squadron local to where I was born and grew up.

Thanks Keith. Rather looking forward to both, or all three, myself! The 'remains' of the 1/32nd Mk22/24 will be done as a cameo diorama, showing the stripped-out hulk on a fire dump. The 1/48th scale Mk22/24 will be a Mk22 from 607 (County of Durham) Squadron, Royal Auxiliary Air Force, based at Ouston 1947 to 1951.

Some useful pics for you there Joe. When you find out more about your friend's unit, let me know. I'll dig out what I've got on the Squadron, and some useful detail shots of the 22/24.
I've just ordered the 1/32nd Revell kit, to do that MkXIV conversion I mentioned, just got to get the MkV now. I've also dug out my eleven year old 1/48th Airfix 22/24, which I'm going to do as a kite from the R.AuxAF Squadron local to where I was born and grew up.

About a week ago I had the opportunity to meet with him to discuss a venture project we're involved in together. Very nice fellow. I can tell you his stint as a military flyer was very brief because his capacity for recall of that time was pretty much an eye-wandering effort for him. I spared him the "senior moment" and redirected the conversation. I'm pretty sure he'd flip just to get a Mk 24 in any markings of an Auxiliary machine or otherwise for that matter. My Pop flew many machines between 43 and 63 and he didn't give a flip how I marked the models I built for him. Pilots are that way. They don't pay attention to tail numbers and such. When I did provide him with a model in his squadron markings it was received much the same as a model that didn't represent any of his units. I could throw his squadron patch on some fake tail number and he'd still get misty. He never even recorded any aircraft number in any of his flight logs for the entire 20 year span from PT-17s to B-47s.

Back OT, I'll probably go with a known unit aircraft and maybe do another in silver for myself. As always, thanks.

Lot of work on the P47 tonight, no pics.. sorry guys. Started decaling and, once again Academy decals suck!! To the aid of my decal setter and such I was able to pull off some ncie areas with curves. Still have some decals left and some other stuff. It looks decent for a NMF, got a heck lot more practice with the Alclad. Did have a decal rip off [Tail wing stripe] and I had enough with it, I might paint a new one on or maybe paint a thin piece of tape to give it that decal look. :)

Hard to find inspiration when the sun is shining....:lol: Had a look at the Wildcat, taped up next to the wingroots to apply some putty later, ogled at the Dauntless and the Ju 88C-6....see what's left to do before the Zerstorer will get "dressed".

Oh....eermmmm....washed my Canberra B(I)6 to start a bit on her. Wanted to start on the E.E. Lightning but talked myself out of it...

Do we dare hope for rain this weekend, so that I'll get something done?

Last edited:
Nah! Don't pray for rain! Just pretend you're wayne, out in Oz, where they get more sun in one day than we get in a whole year! Lucky b**t**d!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back