What's on The Workbench (4 Viewers)

The cool color schemes sent me on a craze when I purchased around 50 or so Imperial German aircraft. Sitting in storage with the IJN/IJA aircraft. :thumbright:
 
Slowly but surely, have one side almost finished. Unfortunately since I'm using wing panels to do the side sworls I'm not having an easy time fitting everything. I cut templates from the transparent paper that came with the decals, this gives me the rough shape to cut the outlines, but where 2 pieces butt together the sworls aren't hole circles any more. I think the shrouded skull will cover the seam on the side of the fuselage, but the bottom will be rough, but at least it's the bottom!
 

Attachments

  • 20231027_223123.jpg
    20231027_223123.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 64
Slowly but surely, have one side almost finished. Unfortunately since I'm using wing panels to do the side sworls I'm not having an easy time fitting everything. I cut templates from the transparent paper that came with the decals, this gives me the rough shape to cut the outlines, but where 2 pieces butt together the sworls aren't hole circles any more. I think the shrouded skull will cover the seam on the side of the fuselage, but the bottom will be rough, but at least it's the bottom!
One toke over the line sweet Jesus, waiting on the train going home.

Thinking several tokes over the line if it were me!!!!!!!
 
Liking what I see. :D :thumbright:
 
Great work Bill!
Were you able to find images of the trailer floor? Couldn't find any myself.


IMHO the short flatbed trailer had the wooden boards lying crosswise while the long one had them lengthwise. Also the long trailer could have the floor covered with the sheets of the checker plate.

trailer.jpg

the source: the net.
 
Great work Bill!
Were you able to find images of the trailer floor? Couldn't find any myself.
IMHO the short flatbed trailer had the wooden boards lying crosswise while the long one had them lengthwise. Also the long trailer could have the floor covered with the sheets of the checker plate.

View attachment 746694
the source: the net.
Thought the same thing as Wojtek. 4" Channel frame, timber maybe 2"x8" side side. 2"x2" angle bridge work underside. Simple representation.
 
Is looking good Bill. :thumbright: :D
 
:thumbright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back