What's you favourite station wagon/estate?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

volvo-265-01.jpg

Volvo 265 - "herregårdstraktor" (danish slang), translated: Mansion tractor. ;)

" .... Volvo 265 - "herregårdstraktor" (danish slang), translated: Mansion tractor. "

In the UK I believe they call Porsche SUV's and the like "Chelsea tractors"

My dads station wagons, any of which I'd love to have today. First is me with his '67 Chrysler Town Country. Next his '64 Olds Vista Cruiser. I still remember it having visors in the back seat for those windows in the roof. Last 2 are the one I'd really love to have, his 59 Olds which he traded in for a '62 Starfire shortly before I was born. I finally bought one of his wagons, an '85 Olds shortly after I was out of collage, but it didn't have the style of these.

Attachments

• Home Book 1 196.jpg
    Home Book 1 196.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Home Book 1 197.jpg
    Home Book 1 197.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Home Book 2 085.jpg
    Home Book 2 085.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Home Book 3 102.jpg
    Home Book 3 102.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 150
Volvo????? Toyota?????? What the.....................

Nah, it would have to be a '55 Chev Nomad wagon!!!!!! worth about a million bucks today.

My first car was a 57 Rambler stationwagon in 1963.
I have a 66 Rambler American stationwagon now, fixing it up to haul the grandkids and bicycles. Might even use it to tow my race car.

Come to think of it, as a young driver I worked my way up the GM product line with my Dad's hand-me-down station wagons. Started with a Chevy, went to a Buick and ended up with an Oldsmobile IIRC. Oh the luxury!

If, I'd buy European, it's this one, one of alltime favourites, this side of the pond! The Volvo Amazon estate... 8)

volvo-amazon-6.jpg

volvo-amazon-3.jpg

volvo-amazon.jpg

Would look grand in some nice paintjob, chrome reverse, babymoons and whitewalls! 8)

Talking Volvos ... I always liked this ... and hence appreciate this

Attachments

• Press_release_ES.jpg
    Press_release_ES.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 2010 Volvo C30 Running Fast Back Pose.jpg
    2010 Volvo C30 Running Fast Back Pose.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 150
I remember at the age of 10, riding with my dad in a semi-truck coming back from Chicago to Minneapolis on I-94, all those slight hills, and going by Volk air force field, seeing the P-51 at the gate, pretending that it was chasing me in my Bf-109.
Over the years, I must have passed that P-51 a hundred times, both driving my own truck or as a kid, but I always have had the same fantasy. I refuse to grow up!

What was fun, and sometimes not so much fun, was following a stationwagon with kids in that backward facing seat.

The hell it wasn't!! If that happened I would always slowly move my hand up to my face and slowly stick my finger in my nose and start digging. Usually they would be laughing so hard Mom or Dad would yell at them to turn around, etc. I'm evil.

A buddy in BC had what he called the "Ultimate sports car", a Pontiac ambulance with a big mattress in the back. Great at the drive in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back