Which would you buy?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gijive

Airman 1st Class
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think the difference here is one guy really wants to make a living off of it and the other just wants to get rid of it.

I kinda tend to agree with Andy here.

But, your decision.

Neither. Apart from the fact I'd prefer to build my own, for similar reasons to those of Andy, the first one is WAY over priced for a run of the mill, nothing special model, especially in 1/48th scale! The second is inaccuarte in finish and some details, and the undercart is wrongly fitted.

It's a starnge world of pro-built models on e-bay, here are two wel made Thunderbolts with very differant price tags!

First
P-47D Thunderbolt Razorback Pro Built 1:48 on eBay (end time 14-Mar-10 12:55:28 GMT)

Will he sell it

Second

Built 1/48 Republic P-47D Razorback 84th FS/78 FG Okie on eBay (end time 15-Feb-10 03:25:36 GMT)

Postage is a bit high for me.
I gave up on the Plastic and went die cast its cheaper and tougher, I picked up a 1/48th P47 for under $20 on Ebay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If I was going to spend $350 on a model like that, I'd have to be of museum quality. There are 5 builders here who produce a quality far superior then that.

First one appears to be a very good build, while it has not been weathered, not necessarilly a bad thing, the items that I don't like are the stars and bars, each one has not been recessed into the panel lines and matched with the rest of the panel line work. This alone should shoot down the price tag....

The second has quite a few more things that don't impress me.

Having said that someone WILL buy them for whatever reason....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back