Which WWII Axis nation produced most dangerous pilots?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oops... Yeah, Poles weren't Axis, I forgot this thread was Axis only. Sorry. I heard someone say that extremist religious people would make the most dangerous pilots. Well then that depends on what you mean by dangerous? If you consider suicidal dangerous then I think it would go to the Japanese.
But if you mean dangerous as in skilled/ trained killers then I think you have to go with the Germans (axis and allied) up to about 1942 they had a better trained force overall.
So what is dangerous? Is it suicidal or skilled? I think you should qualify what is meant be dangerous before you can answer this question.

By the way... breathing pure oxy for a hangover works great. Have done it several times. The problem is, as soon as your off your hangover comes back in force.... :(

Not if you go into a rock club and mosh all night long. Water with your beer keeps you hydrated while you sweat your life away, it's just a constant cycle - the water goes down the throat and sweats through the skin. Meanwhile, the beer stays in your stomach.

I never heard that. Aerobatic maneuvers form a good base for ACM, and all US aviators fly fundamental aerobatics. For example, an Immelman is an extremely quick maneuver to reverse your heading 180* while climbing vertically... while a Split-S does the same while descending.

hi. let me mention one thing. i red many comments about bushido and 'fanatic,crazy,brainwashed,stupid'.
Calling japanese pilots such names,who sacrificed themself without thinkin about a second,is a bit wrong. it sounds a bit odd, but im very interested in bushido since i do japanese martial arts like jiu-jitsu and i did my researches about that.
Centuries of isolation,an extremely high standard of culture involving discipline. Yes,we can compare the japanese pilots of ww2 to modern samurais. no retreat,no questions,only honour to die for the emperor (hirohito at that time) and the imperium. i wouldnt call it brainwashed.it was their faith,their destiny,their religion. the sinto religion, and the way of the warrior,bushido been the basics of their mind. in our culture we called em crazy,kamikaze, baka, suicidal. but since we cannot compare the western and japanese culture that easy, i would tend to consider the past of japan carefully.

to the topic:' most dangerous'..hmm..dangerous is different of fearsome or cruel. so the germans and finns been the most accurate,high-scoring, well trained opponents for the allies in my opinion.

Well I aint got nothing against the Japanese. Hell, I even buy their motorbikes.

But as far as world war II goes, screw 'em. What they did was beyond warfare...beyond evil. If you think you can excuse behaviour by saying that we don't understand them then I don't want to.

Martial arts is about self defence, not the beheading of British POWs with a sword. I do tae kwan do and that's Korean. haha.

I was once in the military and duty didn't include rape or murder.

Why do you think the Jerries surrendered to the Brits and Yanks in droves? even risked their lives to escape the Russkies. Why did commonwealth troops fight on against the Japs rather than surrender?

Whatever happened in WW2, the British, Americans and Commenwealth troops and nations kept their humanity in a dirty business. Very few Russians, Germans or Japs could say the same.

Whatever happened in WW2, the British, Americans and Commenwealth troops and nations kept their humanity in a dirty business. Very few Russians, Germans or Japs could say the same.

Hmmm many allied soldiers did nasty things as well, heat of the battle that sort of things. In a war, emotions get you... I think that most of the Wehrmacht soldiers were decent people, only fighting on the wrong site from my point of view, but not more evil then allied soldiers. The nazi's... well that's a different story....

Hmmm many allied soldiers did nasty things as well, heat of the battle that sort of things. In a war, emotions get you... I think that most of the Wehrmacht soldiers were decent people, only fighting on the wrong site from my point of view, but not more evil then allied soldiers. The nazi's... well that's a different story....

100% agree, most German soldiers never even knew what was going on in their homeland behind those gates in those camps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back