Who wants a flying exercise ball? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
Not sure if I would trust this, but intresting to know that people are still willing to do crazy things to fly!

EAA News - New Aircraft Arises From Germany

e-volo_IMGP2420_lrg.jpg

Wussies. That looks awesome! Its just a matter of engineering, making sure the combined lift of the rotors exceeds the total mass of structure/pilot. Oh, and making sure your batteries are all charged and gas is topped off. Nothing different than hopping into a real helicopter, except with this one, you have the option to eject straight up. Kinda hard in a conventional heli.

At least in a helicopter you can autorotate if you lose power, I wonder if you can with this?

Doesn't seem any more daugerous than an ultra-light. They say that up to 4 motors can fail and still land OK. Would bet they'd have to be evenly distributed though. Also states that each motor is 2kW so 28kW altogether and 746W are 1hp so 37.5hp all together. quite a bit of power. Using batteries is going to limit time in the air though

thats an oversized and manned version of this

http://www.flugauge.de/

i'll pass...i perfer something with a glide ratio if the engine craps out. some of the nier ultralights and LSA ac you can perform a forced landing without problems. the guy has a lot of balls tho..i will give him that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back