Wildcat's Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wait a minute. Your trying to confuse me. You're making my point. You can't make my point. I own that point.

The perspex is the route to go. While I was kidding about the lead soldered glass panels, the construction is the same for the paneled nose screen, some sort of putty, and flat pieces of clear material. A molded perspex nose would be much easier from a maintenance action position, can include a large flat panel for the bombing reticle and is likely better aerodynamically (not that it likely matters on that beast of burden).

So what is your argument about the flat panel nose again? Looks pretty? You mean like soviet bombers?

:lol:

I'm waiting for yet another British can do not wrong and the result is always the better for the beautification of said airplane post from Lanc. Wait for it. :)

you seem very supprised by the fact you're borderline correct!

how do you mean it's just as easy to make a curved as a flat peice? that's pish-posh! (yes, i really did just say that...) it's much easier to make it from flat panels because it's easier to make flat panels! it makes bombing easier, is easier to replace, can ammodate bigger bomb sights and also factor in that at times the gun would have to be aimed optically through that window, the last thing you want is a curved window that will skew the image, no such distortion with flat panels, the curved nose was fine for the lanc, but in a post war world of bigger bomb sights, more engine power and what isn't quite the world's most aerodynamically sound airframe anyway the difference was so little they went for the slightly easier option, of course this isn't the full official verdict i'm simple pulling together little bits about this i've read (yes matt i've read little snippets about this very issue!) and filling in gaps myself... with some inspiration from you ;)

sorry i didn't justify how beautiful she is! i say she is, and so it is so! i think i've proved my taste in planes and women to be far superior to all of your's... combined!

The nose of that Lincoln qualifies it for one of the "ugly" planes we see on occasion.

I don't think that version of the Lincoln is ugly, HOWEVER the Australian made maritime patrol version definately is ugly. Whadda you think Lanc?

Attachments

• RAAF_2A73_055.jpg
    RAAF_2A73_055.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IS_2A73_62.jpg
    IS_2A73_62.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 136
  • JL_2A73_57.jpg
    JL_2A73_57.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 122
  • JL_2A73_unknown.jpg
    JL_2A73_unknown.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 129
it's a similar argument that applies to the B-36, why didn't they use a single curved peice ;)

definately is ugly. Whadda you think Lanc?

I've seen her before an i absolutely love it! i'd prefer all Lincolns to have that nose!

Please don't speak about her like that, whilst your American bombers are running around dancing to jazz music at some over the top teenage party, the Lancaster is a Lady, always dignified and restrained, and never too fat ;)

Okay the fat part was uncalled for. But with the paned glass, I'll refrase and say...

She is like the nice chick at the dance with REALLY thick glasses.

No one likes that girl, lanc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back