Wildcat's Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some more guys..

Attachments

• LINCOLN.jpg
    LINCOLN.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 103
  • mackay1.jpg
    mackay1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 108
  • mackay7.jpg
    mackay7.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 88
  • mackay9.jpg
    mackay9.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 78
  • mackay14.jpg
    mackay14.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 95
  • volkmer7.jpg
    volkmer7.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 98
  • volkmer5.jpg
    volkmer5.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 102
  • volkmer2.jpg
    volkmer2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 95
  • mackay28.jpg
    mackay28.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 92
  • mackay21.jpg
    mackay21.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 99
Very cool shots. Love the view up front for the bomb aimer. Talk about having the best seat in the house.

Admit it Lanc. It looks like the Brits forgot how to mold compound curves in Perspex and reverted back to lead soldered glass panes. I have to admit that stuck out for me too. I wonder what made the choice? Bird strikes in the area of operation resulting in too expensive of Perspex replacement? The need for flat plane acrylics for bomb aiming equipment? I don't get it.

one reason was that it's damn easy to make :lol: you need a flat panel to bomb through and what with bigger computing bomb sights there'd be no point in making a massive single peice "bubble" to fit around the front, it's far easier to make a big viewing area with flat panels that do not distort the view, baisically it was a case of "they're not nessisairy, so take the easier option", either way it looks stunning!.........

You made that $hit up based upon my post. And flat panels do NOT look better, you retro history punk. :)

Seriously though, do the WWII aiming reticles pierce the aircraft skin or was this too much of a thermodynamic problem to overcome with outside temps so low at altitude. Never thought about it before.

i didn't make it up, the viewing area is MUCH larger than that offered by the lanc just look at that picture! something that size would be a bitch to make in a single curved peice when you need a flat panel anyway.........

RE fixing, here'd how it's simply bolted on on the lanc............

Attachments

• Nose blister.JPG
    Nose blister.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 107
ok looks more like rivets... unfortunately it's not one of the finer details i've ever paid much attention to..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back