woljags older models rebuilds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
Hi chaps sorry to not have been posting for a while but due to work and illness i've not been around much but i've found a large collection of old models/kits in another box stashed away in my stores back to the 60's so i thought rather than one at a time i'd show a few pics as found and then as restored in one thread for those interested,kits include many from frog/revell/airfix and many vac forms,some are missing many parts of which i will need to remake from scratch,hope you will like these,

thanks for looking

Nice to see you back my friend. I hope the illness isn't anything serious. Anyway get well soon. :wave:

THX Bob. I'm fine to a certain extent of course. But still working too hard. No time for modelling ....

mainly camo and marking info please ,i have the scale plans to build from,the IK-3 is an old vac form by contrail but there is a lot missing including the wings,the sb-2 is an incomplete old frog kit that has very poor details of camo on the box

A few examples of camo for SB-2 bomber...

SB-2_1.jpg

SB-2_2.jpg

Thanks for the good wishes Andy,Wojtek thats why your the man thats brill mate,i can now get these built and i promise to post some pics,i've scale line drawings if anyone wants to have a go at a IK-3 or a Klemm 35

Okay, here it goes... Two profiles shoving IK-3 with two tone green/brown camouflage are completely inaccurate. These aircraft were never painted that way and more so never had white number painted on the fuselage! Also any profiles done by Srećko Bradić (Let Let Let - Warplanes website) should be taken with certain level of skepticism. He does offer a lot of useful info on his website, but is also known for quite "imaginative" interpretation of available photos when doing his color profiles. Also one should note that there are no known pictures of captured IK-3 with German markings. Any artwork in that regard is highly speculative.

Here is an example of IK-3 three tone color scheme which is considered relatively accurate:

Attachments

• resize of SDC12809.JPG
    resize of SDC12809.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back