Woof Woof!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm sorry but that was the world's worst ww2 movie. A dope smoking 60s hippie as a tank commander in ww2 speaking valley girl. :puke:

But the remote control tank was pretty cool.

Hey man, like less of those negative waves. It's a beautiful, wonderful movie ....Tank, I mean tank!
Bad war movie, but great comedy!
Not a bad model either!
Woof!

What actually impressed me about that movie, was the fact that they actually used German tanks for the Germans, instead of cold war era American tanks with nothing but a Balkan Cross plastered on the side...

The movies "Battle of the Bulge" and "Patton" is a glaring example of that...

Yep, they did a good job, although they were actually Russian (or Yugoslavian, as that's where it was filmed) T34s, converted to look like Tigers. 'Battle of the Bulge' was partly filmed, I believe, in (then) West Germany, and used Bundeswehr 'Patton' tanks, as you said.

Beet me to it Terry. Yes, the movie was filmed in Yugoslavia and German "Tigers" used in that movie were T-34/85s of Yugoslav Army converted to resemble the Tigers. They did a really good job with it. Only obvious difference that you notice right away is in the tracks. Shermans used also belonged to the Yugoslav Army.

By the way, this T-34/Tiger conversions were also used in Yugoslav movies about WW2, most notably in movie "Sutjeska" in which Richard Burton played Tito.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAlDLQ9RmcE

Personally, I love that film. Bit of nonsense, bit of action and as they drive off into the sunset, the film ends however you'd like it to end.

To me, its a classic (complete with all its inaccuracies) and i watch it around four or five times a year.

When the film first came out, I made one tamiya's 1/35 (?) shermans with the 'easy eight' suspension and added the loudspeaker, gun barrel extension etc. Still got that model tank somewhere, even tho' I made yonks ago !.

Oddball rocks !

O yeah, sorry, pretty cool model as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back