World Cup

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I still didn't send the post to NS... :rolleyes:
Sorry, it's quite much $$$, I didn't have that much with me when I was there to send it...
I realise that Canada is much farer then the other places I've been sending letters to...
But once I have the way around my local post office, I'll send it... ;)

Whatever. To be honest, I don't care that much... I see it pretty silly because I know some professional sportsmen personally and they're complete dickheads... And they're the best piad, most big headed and most respected personas in my country - instead of soldiers, philosophers, scientists, artists... That's is wicked.

But I love football and plus it is a great possibility for less known countries to spread it's name around the globe. Heck, when I was in England (!) like ten years ago or something, some people I met even didn't know what is Czech Republic. After 3rd repeting the name of the country, they were like: "Aaah, Cherrepoblo, that's in Mexico, right?".... :rolleyes:

GERMANY 4 - 2 COSTA RICA

Hell yeah that was a good game, even though it should have only been 4-1 for Germany because the last goal by Costa Rica was offsides and the ref just did not call it!

Attachments

• Tor!!!!.bmp
    304 KB · Views: 156
It was a great time actually.

I went to downtown Ansbach and watched the game with my German friends and my wife. The atmosphere was great! Everyone was wearing German jerseys, and waving German flags. Hell half the people had there faces colored in Black, Red, and Gold. Whenever Germany scored a goal, the people went crazy. Afterwards everyone was driving around in there cars and waving there flags from them, hocking there homes and singing the German national Anthem. It was like a party was raging all throughout Germany.

I think it is great, for the first time in a very long time, the Germans are showing pride in there country and no one is calling them a Nazi for it. It really is great, my wife was almost in tears when she saw it.

man I wish i could see these games on the TV, americn obsession with soaps and other trash besdies warped news gets all the consideration ........... crap

Adler next time you go to a game or watch on tv take your digi to show us everyone dressed up. I've seen the Germans in the past and they take great pride, it was world cup in 1980 when I was over last going through Italy and they lost to Holland, man you talk about a dejected bunch, the Towns were quiet except for local farmers tending their fields

what a buzz ......

I will take my camara on Wed. when I back downtown to watch the Germany - Poland game. It is a lot of fun and the people are just going insane. The whole country right now is in complete Pride Fever or whatever I dont know what to call it. The people are in great spirits (thats right Udet, not depressed like you think they all are).

I would love to go to Nurnberg today (I wont though for obvious reasons) to party out at the Mexico/Iran game that is playing there in a coule of hours. The President from Iran is flying in for the game and the Germans are staging a large protest outside of the stadium (that is the obvious reason why I will not go). Our town of Ansbach right now is filled with Mexicans staying in our hotels waiting for the games tonight.

The whole country right now is one big World Cup Party. It really is something to see. You can not go anywere without seeing Black, Red, And Gold flags flight from every window, every car, every hand. Man it is awesome out here.

Back to games though: England beat Paraguay 1-0 only because the Paraguay Captain headed a goal into is own net. England played very well and strong in the first half, completely dominating Paraguay. In the second half however they were outplayed by Paraguay.

Ecuador beat Poland 2-0 which was no surprise to me and in a real shocker Trinidad and Tobago tied Sweded 0-0. Right now Netherlands is playing Serbia-Montenegro and they are still scoreless 0-0.

I watched the England game and I have to say from my observations that Beckam is waaaayyyy overrated.... He did contribute to the one goal scored, but he was manhandled the whole game, couldnt outrun anyone covering him, and turned the ball over more times than I copld count....

Beckham normally plays better than he did. The funny thing is though, that the goal that he contributed on, he actually passed it to the Captian of the Paraguay team and that guy actually headed the ball in the net. If they keep playing as they are right now, I dont expect them to get to far in the tournament.

Typical England performance. They started quite strong, then they sat back(allowing pressure to be put on them). In the second half England fell to bits and they were very lucky not to loose, Paraguay could have scored several times. England may win thier group but will be knocked out strait after.

That will be a tough game. The Czech have a very very good team. One of the best in the world.

In other news:

Mexico beat Iran 3-1
Portugal beat Angola 1-0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back