World Cup

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Im sorry V2 that you guys had to lose.

We actually scored 2 goals but the first one was taken away and proven after the game that it was a goal.

Anyhow I have to hand it to the Polish goal keeper. He did a very very good job. If it had not been for him it would have probably been 8 - 0 for Germany instead of 1 - 0!

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Im sorry V2 that you guys had to lose.

We actually scored 2 goals but the first one was taken away and proven after the game that it was a goal.

Anyhow I have to hand it to the Polish goal keeper. He did a very very good job. If it had not been for him it would have probably been 8 - 0 for Germany instead of 1 - 0!

Yes...and now the end...

Attachments

• hehe.jpg
    hehe.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 109
:lol:

Maybe in 4 years my friend.

But this year will be Germany's World Cup. The Team is playing with so much heart. They are not just playing for themselves they are playing for the German people.

Well there have been 2 incidents now that have disruppted a very peaceful World Cup so far.

The first involved 57 Polish Football Hooligans that travelled to Dortmund where the Germany-Poland game was being played and boasted that if Germany wins they were going to cause Havoc. Well the German Polizei showed up on the scene and a fight broke out. Needless to say the 57 hooligans were detained and arrested.

The 2nd incident was after the Germany - Poland game and when a young fan was going home and he had 2 German flags painted on his face. 4 people followed him and asked him if he was a Nazi because he was showing the flags on his face and that was nationalism. He responded no that he was a fan and continued on his way. They attacked him and stabbed him with a knife several times and he is in a hospital at the moment.

(Spiegel )
Germany experienced its first notable outbreak of fan violence during the World Cup on Wednesday, as German and Polish hooligans brawled in the center of Dortmund. But the biggest show of force by police ever seen in the city quickly stopped the rioting amid 429 arrests.

Ok:
429 (all)- 57(Polish)= 372 ( where from they are? )

The Polish keeper really kept Poland in it yesterday I thought they were going to hold on until the end and then the German's scored, great game though.

England left it late to beat Trinidad and Tobago (and looked far from convincing) still they won 2-0 and are into the second round. Ecuador cruised passed Costa Rica 3-0 in the earlier game and it is goalless at half time between Sweden and Paraguay.

You mean England, not the UK. England suck! The players in Trinidad and Tobago play for teams like Wrexham and Nottingham - and England couldn't breeze past them. Pathetic.

Wow I had not heard that it was 429 rioters. I had heard it was only 57 but that was hours before the game as well.

Aha I have the info now it was 119 Polish hooligans, 278 German hooligans and the rest were just from all over the place.

The 57 that Poles that were arrested at first was the preemtive arrests to try and keep the violence from breaking out.

Here is what BBC said about it:

Dortmund police said there had been 429 arrests in total, including 119 from Poland and 278 Germans.

The three still in custody are expected to be released later in the day. Another 115 will be investigated further, mostly for theft and bodily harm.

German fans did their best to help this Polish fan, hurt in clashes

Commissioner Hans Schulze said about 100 of those arrested were believed to be hooligans. The remainder were fans who had drunk too much.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5081684.stm

In the same preemtive strike the German polizei also arrested about 50 skinheads were acting like they were going to do something.

its been 32 years since the socceroos have been in the World Cup, every soccer-worshipping, self respecting, sport adoring Australian has been waiting 32 years. And, now we've finally made it. To top it all, we scored our first ever points. The only 'point' we scored back in '74 was an own goal. Sigh. But still, 3 goals in our first match as a real contender...you gotta admit, not bad!

Well I wish you all luck then.

In other World Cup news yesterday Argentina slaughtered Serbia-Montenegro with a crushing 6-0 win. Netherlands beat Ivory Coast 2-1 and Angola tied Mexico 0-0.

In todays matches we find Portugal taking on Iran in Frankfurt, Czech taking on Ghana in Koeln, and Italy taking on the US in Kaiserslautern.

Well all that I know is that Germany will win the cup. They did something the other day with future tellers and that kind of stuff and most said that Spain will win the cup, Brazil will lose face and will fail terrably and that Germany will not win the cup, but stuff them Germany will win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back