WW2Aircraft.net Art Contest! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don't think I'll have the time, or articulation in the hands, to enter anything. I'm still trying (of and on) to finish a Harrier painting which should have been done three years ago!

Perhaps there could be a novice catagory for those who dabble but are no Norman Rockwell. I may consider entering. Not sure how I will do on time but I may give it a go. :)

Yeah it's only fair (the whole traditional/computer aided thing) something that takes me 5/6 hours on the PC would take me 5+ weeks to paint traditionally... not that I could get anywhere near similar results. Utmost respect for the freehanders...

My two cents, keep it simple and combined for this first build. Judges will no doubt take into account differences in difficulties between the various mediums.

Participation is the key in this first one to get the ball rolling, and any problems that arise can be adressed and amended for the next competition.

(Hope you guys can enter too, Chris, Terry and Andy, you guys have done some great work)

Here is a little inspiration for you all. I am putting these together for the 325th FG reunion.

Attachments

• P-40_8076_8x10.jpg
    P-40_8076_8x10.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 170
  • P-40_8076_8x10mono.jpg
    P-40_8076_8x10mono.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 158
Is that Lt. Frank "Spot" Collins aircraft? He flew a P-47 numbered 79 which may have carried over from the P-40s.

I checked my "Checkertail Clan" book by Kenn Rust and the only pic of a '79' was a razorback P-47 flown by Lt. Collins. I'm not sure if they retained their code numbers when they transitioned onto 47s from P-40s.

Holler if you need anything from the book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back