WW2Aircraft.net Art Contest!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
We have had 3 years of Group Builds and they've been great. But lets change it up! Let's get the artists onboard and show us your skill! We're having an art contest!

Its very similar to the Group Builds. Here is how it works:

There will be one subject for you to draw or paint in any way you want, cartoon or impressionist! Just so long as it contains the chosen subject. So what is the subject?

SUBJECT: The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk / Kittyhawk / Tomahawk Any time, nationality, or type. Just so long as it is an original rendition by you.

Now the rules:

TIME: 2 Months. The contest will start July 4 (Independence Day) and end on September 4 (Labor Day)

MEDIUM: Oil / Watercolor / Pastels / Pen Ink / PC Graphic Program
but there are some restrictions:
NO PROFILES
NO PHOTOSHOP or IMAGE MANIPULATION
NO PHOTOGRAPHS
NO TRACINGS
NO COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS

SIZE: Project can be any size but pics posted on the forum MUST be no wider than 1024px.

There will be one thread dedicated to the contest and any progress pics can be posted there. The Progress thread will be posted next week.

ENTRIES: Maximum of 3 entries per member allowed.

CLASSES: There will be 2 classes -
Master for those that really have the Van Gogh touch
Apprentice for those of us who can just barely hold a crayon! :)

and what are you competing for?

AWARDS: First place winner will have the winning artwork made into a siggy to be used by the Admins / Mods for one month. Cool huh? There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place along with a Members Choice to be decided by a poll.

All participants will have a badge to attach to their siggy similar to the Group Build badges. Second and Third Place will have badge with the 2 or 3 (similar to GB).

But we need some judges. And the Judges are:

Erich
EvanGilder
Njaco
Shinpachi
Clave

All the judges have a background or experience in art.

So sharpen those pencils, open those paint cans and clean off the scanner! Lets see some art!

Last edited:
Cool, I'm in Chris!

Far from Van Gogh (if only...), but far from a beginner too, so Master Class for me. Not sure yet what medium (multiple entries allowed?)

Think I will stick with modelling...this is an area where I have no talent.....but I look forward to seeing the works of the gifted...

Hello! new here - Here's a bit of work from me, done today for the comp .Painted digitally with a Wacom tablet over 14 layers. I did use an aerial photograph for a reference layer and then painted over it for the ground, hope that's not classed as tracing?! :)
Number one of two - Other will be along in a bit, did one last year.
p40.jpg

These look a lot more detailed at this size, at full size, they're kinda rough!

Last edited:
Nice MJ! Hold off on any entries just yet until I post a proper thread for them next week.

For everyone - I believe I may start two threads for each Class so we don't get confused. Remember, there is a Master and an Apprentice class, so choose wisely! :)

Cheers guys,
Okey-doke, I'll re-enter when the new catagories appear. Thanks AK4, its a blend of CG elements and freehand painting, and then actually re-painting over the CG bits on a seperate layer until the whole thing is softened. A prop would be nice too :shock: oops, must've left the layer off!

Nice MJ! Hold off on any entries just yet until I post a proper thread for them next week.

For everyone - I believe I may start two threads for each Class so we don't get confused. Remember, there is a Master and an Apprentice class, so choose wisely! :)
O.K., but mine was the first entry, and I think I deserve a class of my own.

Great idea, this contest. Count me in, although with time restraints I will most likely submit just one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back