WWII movies

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah several times ive picked it up in the store and ogled, but then sadly the lack of money had denied me everytime. Hopefully I might get a bit of cash from my work experience in July so I might spend it of a Band of Brothers DVD boxset.

Adler I wonder if you could help me. I love Das Boot but only the full length undubbed version I was told by someone that the subtitles are a very rough translation and the actual language is far more basic and realistic if you have seen a subtitled version is this true? (if its is true I am mighty pissed off) I hate dubbed films Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai would be awful without the original sound track.

I've seen both and enjoyed the sub-titled version better. Every time I see a dubbed film, no matter what nationality, I'm expecting a Kung-Fu battle to break out! :rolleyes:

trackend said:
Adler I wonder if you could help me. I love Das Boot but only the full length undubbed version I was told by someone that the subtitles are a very rough translation and the actual language is far more basic and realistic if you have seen a subtitled version is this true? (if its is true I am mighty pissed off) I hate dubbed films Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai would be awful without the original sound track.

I have a special edition where I can watch the movie in English, German, and German with English Subtitles. The best obviously is the German or the German with English Subtitles. The version that is dubbed over in English is a very rough translation (so is the subtitles, but atleast you get the actuall voices to go along with it) and the voices are just very bad for the characters. Especially for the character played by Herbert Groenemeyer. By the way Herbert Groenemeyer is a briliant German singer. Unfortunatly his wife died and he did not put any music out for a while until recently.

Yes I like Too late the hero WC but then I always liked Cliff Robertson.
Thanks Adler for the enlightenment
"Verdammt!"
"alle mannen herabsetzan" I think. :oops:

hello i am new here on thiswebsite and i hope to share my plane experience with you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back