Yokosuka K5Y CGI Project (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you very much for many kind posts, GG, Wurger, Gnomey, Aaron and Merv.
Please let me close this thread with these two images.

Yes, GG. Orange color indicated trainers and yellow did experimental planes.
But there were not formal standards until October 1942. In fact, early type of the K5Y was in silver.
Army and Navy reviewed color standards together soon after the Doolittle Raid in April of the year.

Thank you very much again everybody for having checked my clumsy work.
I do appreciate your kind patience :)

Plan92.JPG
Plan93.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you again, Gnomey, for kind checking :)

This had nothing to do with this thread anymore but, to fulfill my curiosity, I'm working on varient of the K5Y.
Designation 701 to 799 belonged to early version in silver color during 1933-1938 while 401 to 699 did to later one in orange at Kasumigaura flight school.

Maybe too maniac :)

Plan94.JPG

Yes, GG. Orange color indicated trainers and yellow did experimental planes.
But there were not formal standards until October 1942. In fact, early type of the K5Y was in silver.
Army and Navy reviewed color standards together soon after the Doolittle Raid in April of the year.
Thank you for the information, Shinpachi!

Over the years, I have seen various IJN and IJAAF aircraft in those colors and always wondered if there was a specific mandate for those colors and what they designated! (sometimes the colored photo made it hard to tell orange from yellow, too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back