Your Favorite War Tv Shows

Which is your favorite Tv show?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dan'll have my ass over this one, but Blacksheep Squadron. Like Thor, the episodes my dad had taped helped get me into WWII (as well as models), but it really got me hooked on the Corsair. BoB is also great, but I had to go with the Blacksheep.

Band of Brothers was a great series, always liked Combat, found some dvds in a supermarket of all places of the colored Combat shows. Could of sworn there was another series called Battlefield or something like, the introduction was black and white bayoneted rifles, ran around the same time as Combat.

There was a show called "Battle Line" that was black and white and featured archived combat footages and a vet from either sides of whatever battle they were talking about- if that's the one you are thinking of- the opening credits have two guys facing off with bayonets- I watched that all the time as a kid too.

I still can't get the opening music from Danger UXB out of my head either- my favorite show dealing with the Blitz. (Also the first nudity I ever saw on PBS when I was a kid!)

Sadly enough I got Black Sheep Squadron from Netflx as I too loved it as a kid. I wish I had stuck with those memories- I could only hang with a episode and a half before I sent it back- even just watching the planes...Sometimes it's good not to revisit those memories...

Hogans Heroes is what I voted, although haven't seen many of the others. Mash and Dad's Army are also great.

Band of Brothers is brilliant but a mini series. I'm so glad they went to the effort of making something like Band of Brothers!

To me Band of Brothers doesn't fit as a 'TV Show' - the only reason it didn't get released as a movies was the 10 hour problem..

I would vote this one if you insist but sticking with 12 O'Clock High, then Combat (these should date me).
I stuck to the Tv shows, and there were so many good ones, I made it a multiple choice...that way you could put a couple in there if ya' had indecision! :lol:

I know Band of Brothers was a good show, but it was produced as a mini-series, and I didn't include that or a number of other mini-series because that topic in itself would be a good poll to be discussed!

Sorry Imalko, I never heard of Allo Allo, but I have seen the Fowler's War series, produced by the BBC...and it has some great authentic stuff in it (aircraft, vehicles, uniforms, etc).

No single favourite, but loved 'Allo 'allo, Dad's army, Hogan's heroes, M.A.S.H, It ain't half hot mum, and Tour of duty... Only saw a half-episode once of Band of brothers, and about 5 minutes of Piece of cake, but they looked good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back