Your Favorite War Tv Shows

Which is your favorite Tv show?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
We've had some great discussions (and polls) about the best and worst WWII movies, but how about those Tv shows?

There were some great ones, but my favorite of all time has to be Hogan's Heros! When I was a kid, I'd hear the drums to the theme song start, and I'd drop whatever I was doing, and run for the living room! :lol:

I've included shows from all wars (WWII, Korea and Vietnam) that I could remember! Sorry if I missed one!

Never seen a lot of those you listed Grau. Battlefield detectives comes into mind, though I don't think that's appropiate for this poll.
Yeah, I thought about shows like Victory at Sea and such, but thought I'd just stick to these this time around!

I almost considered Sgt. Bilko, CPO Sharkey and Gomer Pyle, too :lol:

Unfortunatelly I haven't seen any of the shows listed, except occasionally few episodes of M*A*S*H, but these were aired here in Serbia long time ago... One show I do enjoy watching when ever is aired is 'Allo 'Allo!
But since this is a comedy I guess its not appropriate for this poll?

Last edited:
We've had some great discussions (and polls) about the best and worst WWII movies, but how about those Tv shows?

There were some great ones, but my favorite of all time has to be Hogan's Heros! When I was a kid, I'd hear the drums to the theme song start, and I'd drop whatever I was doing, and run for the living room! :lol:

I've included shows from all wars (WWII, Korea and Vietnam) that I could remember! Sorry if I missed one!

To me Band of Brothers doesn't fit as a 'TV Show' - the only reason it didn't get released as a movies was the 10 hour problem..

I would vote this one if you insist but sticking with 12 O'Clock High, then Combat (these should date me).

Band of Brothers was a great series, always liked Combat, found some dvds in a supermarket of all places of the colored Combat shows. Could of sworn there was another series called Battlefield or something like, the introduction was black and white bayoneted rifles, ran around the same time as Combat.

Heh. Band of Brothers doesn't fit the "movies" list, either....it is, and rightfully so, apparently in a category all of its own! I'll stick with Hogan's Heroes in that case.

Combat was pretty good. Vic Morrow played a good role.
Hogan's Heroes is really good.
Black Sheep was really what got me into WWII and made me love the Corsair.
China Beach is way underrated. Good show.
Rat Patrol was good when I was a kid. I bought the DVD of season 1 and it's really not that great anymore.

But I had to vote for MASH. The first 5 or 6 years are just fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back