Your Wild Life Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is as wild as it gets, outside my workbench window.
Rainbow Laurakeet.
27042020.jpg

Odd one on the back fence
IMG_0060_b.JPG

And an occasional Laughing Kookaburra.
IMG_0063_b.JPG

I worked at Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve here in Travis County for a couple of years, as a Park Technician. The job consisted of ensuring visitors abided our rules, and documenting any wildlife we observed. My camera was part of my uniform, and helped that documentation. Here's some of the shots I took:

m4T7L40.jpg

TJCwvMU.jpg

YdO9oa2.jpg

1itED0I.jpg

Yes, the snake is crawling through a tunnel in the porous limestone.

yF0T7qi.jpg

X0BIASI.jpg

Juvenile cottonmouth ...

HIbmowG.jpg

Z4xEmi8.jpg

...and a couple of adults

BZznLMk.jpg

6UXbdD9.jpg

TcvuF7g.jpg

And some more ...

Diamond-backed watersnake, not to be confused with a diamondback rattlesnake ...:

yi08k90.jpg

... and a Western diamondback rattler, definitely not to be confused with a DBW!

aLJX5Fk.jpg

df35hLU.jpg

Red squirrel:

QPTWlit.jpg

rvflkCv.jpg

m6grTkJ.jpg

Giant swallowtail butterfly in flight:

kAD6jdj.jpg

... and at rest:

XFWQ1gn.jpg

A white-tail right near my driveway:

SnAafeB.jpg

Another cottonmouth:

AQu7vbR.jpg

Hamilton Pool itself is a creek-fed limestone grotto that allows limited swimming. I can't find my favorite picture that I took myself, but here's one from le Internet of the grotto and waterfall:

hamilton-pool_travel-heals_01.jpg

I'm hoping to get some good wildlife photos this summer. I'll be heading through Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, Idaho, Wyoming, and Hawaii.

Will be hitting up Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado National Monument, Arches National Park, Lassen Volcano National Park, Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Pearl Harbor, Arizona Memorial, Craters of the Moon National Monument, Yellowstone National Park, and Grand Teton National Park. Going to be pretty epic.

The last time we went out to Yellowstone and the Grand Teton's we saw quite a few Grizzly Bears.

Standard Blackie from tonight, saw four in total....

IMG_0021.JPG

....and finally, finally, I got my Grizz, standing by a standard telephone pole, across the highway from us. He challenged us once and then ran into the bush behind him but came back out seconds later. I forgot to roll the window down and the reflection of the flash darn near blinded me...

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

Bear claw scariness.

Screenshot 2021-05-15 224720.jpg

Last edited:
Another good night though on photo lite. In my over-zealousness to delete the poor shots, I deleted a shot of a White-tail buck. This guy was by the Pine River.

IMG_0009.JPG

Just north of Bijou Falls, this one was on the passenger side....

IMG_0013.JPG

....as I was checking my mirror for traffic I saw this one pop up and balance on the barrier behind us. The missus got it with her phone. By the time I got out with my camera, a semi went by and scared it off.

IMG_0001.JPG

Cow moose by a creek

IMG_0022.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back