Your Wild Life Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Several photos of a large Silver-tip Grizzly, about 40ft off the highway. He wouldn't stop walking, forcing me to drive ahead several times. In case you're wondering, there is a 2013 Taurus between me and him

IMG_1538.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

Went back up to Kennedy Siding to see if we could see the Griz again but no luck so we turned down the road to the rail siding to see what we could see. There is a Caribou research centre down there and feed stations for the Caribou during the winter. Sure enough, the Caribou returning migration has begun.

a.jpg

d.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Tree boi has stashed all the peanuts we put out for him and is now raiding the bird feeders

f.jpg

g.jpg

Speaking of birds, we've gone from 50 down to about 4. Migration has begun for them as well. Haven't seen the Blue Jay for a few days

e.jpg

Someday, when I can finally move into my house (pause here for hysterical laughter), I'll have to set up a camera at my bird feeder.
Besides the usual songbirds (Red Finch, Titmouse, Sparrow, Nuthatch, etc.), there's quite a few attracted to the seed that falls to the ground: Junko, Scrub Jay, Mourning Dove, Banded Pigeon as well as Quail and the occasional Wild Turkey.

The Stellar Jay, which is very common here, has finally made an appearance in our yard

I've seen scores of these here and on the coast but this is the first one I've seen with white eye-brows
Great captures and yes, the white markings are unusual.
We have Stellar's in the area, mostly in the upper elevations, but here, it's just the pesky Scrub Jays :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back