Yugolsavian IK-3 color

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

otftch

Staff Sergeant
Dec 8, 2006
Franklinton,NC
I'm building a Rogozarski IK-3. Can anyone tell me the interior/wheel well color ?
Ed

Which manufacturer's model is it? Can you post some pictures of your build?
Cockpit floor and pilot seat should be aluminium; instrument panel in black; while cockpit sides walls and interior wheel wells were in the same color as aircraft undersides (or in the case of the prototypes aircraft overall) - "Rogožarski siva" (in translation "Rogožarski grey"). This was locally mixed color and is very difficult to guess it's exact shade from available black/white photos. Example in the attachment bellow is found on one Serbian modeling forum. By the looks of it, this should be something similar to RAF "Sky" color. I have in my stash a 1/72 Ik-3 model from Czech manufacturer Azur Frrom. Painting instructions from this kit identify the color as "light blue grey" Gunze Colour No. H67/C115 or federal standard equivalent FS35352.

Attachments

• siva.jpg
    siva.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Thank you. Kit is limited production from Aviation USK. (no kit number) Instructions say light grey underside. I'll post photos of the plane when finished.
Ed

Thank you. Kit is limited production 1/72 scale from Aviation USK (No number). Instructions say light grey undersides. I'll post when finished.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC05306.jpg
    DSC05306.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC05303.jpg
    DSC05303.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC05304.jpg
    DSC05304.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC05302.jpg
    DSC05302.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 113
Aha, looks very nice. Looking forward to see it finished. You should note, however, that (as far as I can see) the painting instructions are inaccurate. Upper surfaces wore three tone camouflage. Also, none of IK-3s had white numbers on the fuselage. I''l look up for some three views and post it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back