1/12 Tamiya F1-312T (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How the f*ck did I manage to miss one!!?? :shock:

Beautilf work Vic, one of my alltime favourite F1 cars, together with their T4/T5 and Lotus 72, 78...

ferrari312t-2%20(Large).jpg

Ferrari-312-T5_2.jpg

Lotus 78.jpg

Shame that these are so good, which makes them expensive! :( :lol:

Last edited:
I just found this thread, Vic, so I had to go all the way through it. Very nice job. A bit different from those flying machines, and a bit more complicated, me thinks. A job well done !

Charles

How in blazes did I miss this one. Did I blink?????????

Soo cool matey. Is there a Chaparral 2F?

Can you help or advise, i have this model and when fitting the steering column it lines up directly behind the brake pedal and i cant route it through, could be a fault in the mould, was thinking of just losing the brake pedal but that would the easy way out, did you have any issues in this area? Thanks

You had me dashing up to my hobby room to have a look at the model and see if I could recollect what problems I had. Happy to say for me, I had no problem with the alignment and all pedals are still in place. However, once the steering column ratchet mechanism was in place, I found the steering would not move.

I also found the first knuckle on the steering shaft after the steering wheel is hampered by the cockpit cover that the steering mechanism passes through. I also found some of the wiring on the engine somewhat cumbersome, particularly from the distributor.

I am asking the same question.... how the hell did I miss this thread? Vic, I LOVED going through the thread. I do love those Tamiya F-1 cars. I did a Johnny Player Special and the 6 wheeled Elf years back. Damned fun kits to build. Great job, buddy.
Dale

I am asking the same question.... how the hell did I miss this thread? Vic, I LOVED going through the thread. I do love those Tamiya F-1 cars. I did a Johnny Player Special and the 6 wheeled Elf years back. Damned fun kits to build. Great job, buddy.
Dale

Many thanks Dale. One of these days, I may get round to doing one of my other two Tamiya kits, John Players Special Mk. III Lotus or the Williams Renault FLU14B. Rest assured when I do, I'll post up a thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back