1/24 Grumman F3F-2 - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally got back to working on the "flying barrel". Pinning down the upper wing. It's tedious and exacting, and I had to walk away for a few minutes. Trailing edge is at the top of the pic. More pic's later...

Edit: Instead of adding another post, I'll amend this with the pic's of the upper wing. The upper wing, except for the wingtips is pretty much done. How-um-so-ever, I noticed a screw up, so will have to cut out some pieces and re-glue them in properly (WS-5 WS-6, and the pieces below WS-1 WS-2).

Cheers....

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0059.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN0060.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN0061.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0062.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN0063.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
The upper wing is pretty much finished. Repaired the screw-ups, too. Did some light sanding, and will work on the wingtips tomorrow.

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0065.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 85
Was going to work on the upper wing tips, today, but I'm just not in the mood. Would probably cut a finger off !

Charles

I almost cut my finger off a couple months ago, so I know what you meen I think we've all had that feeling once in a while, when its time to stop, its time to stop and take a break even on a hot streak of modeling !

Nice going Charles and great pics of the progress steps. Also wise move to walk away when the mood gets crabby, can't have you kicking holes in the garage wall or upending the table.

Ahoy Charles

Looking Damn good Dear Sir, The flying Barrel is one of my all time favorites of all biplane fighters from the bygone age of Naval aviation, I have the civilian version of that aircraft its Major Alfred williams Grumman GulfHawk11.I built it from cleveland plans scale of 1/16th 21 inch span the landing gear is made retractable you are doing a very good job on the Barrel looking forward to the finished product you have inspired me to build one of these by this summer coming up.
HARDY WELL DONE

Boats

Attachments

• PICT0029.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 102
Nice looking wing Charles.
Are you going to "fill" the wing tip, to make it nice and smooth???

Bill: Thanks for the kind words.... The wing tips will be solid balsa, and will have many, many coats of sanding sealer applied. They'll look like they were plastic.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread