1/32 Hasegawa ME Bf109G-6 II/JG52 Hptm. Gerhard Barkhorn - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woody

Master Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
IL.
user name:woody
first name:jerry
category:2/intermediate
scale:1/32
manufacture:hasegawa
model type:ME Bf109G-6
after market:master details resin cockpit

Hi all i'am going to jump in with this one i will be doing oob using kit decals as
II/JG52 Hptm. Gerhard Barkhorn. and with the help of the resin cockpit
SANY4428.jpg

SANY4008.jpg

SANY4449.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guy's now question the resin cockpit come's with 2 choices for the seat one on the left with parachute or the one on the right without what would be used thank's for the input now off i go to start cutting.

SANY4470.jpg

Well, parachutes were rarely left in Luftwaffe aircraft at this stage of the war, unless the pilot was literally between missions, and then it would depend on the style of the 'chute harness. Standard practice, if the 'chute was left at dispersal for the pilot, was to have it laid out ready, always on a tarpaulin or better, to protect from damp - especially later war, when even the harness had been known to fail (split, resulting in the death of the user ! ) due to poor-quality materials/manufacture, as a result of the economy etc.
Although many Air Forces might have a 'chute already in the cockpit, in case of a 'scramble', this wasn't necessary with Reich Defence, for example, as the take-off would be controlled by target location, with plenty of warning, and, off course, with the restricted cockpit of the '109, it would be extremely tedious, and difficult, to try to fit the harness whilst sitting on the pack and straps !
Bottom line is - whichever takes your fancy as to which seat to use !!
EDIT: Just looked at the pic again. It's a bit fuzzy, so hard to determine, but it looks like that's a cross between a parachute back-pad, and the actual seat harness, so not enough 'straps' for both, and too many for just the harness!
Decision - bin it !!

Last edited:
Thanks Airframes for the info i got some cutting and trimming done.
SANY4474.jpg

after some cutting.
SANY4476.jpg

SANY4478.jpg

and pics of the resin pit
SANY4484.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back