1:32 scale Lancaster Mk.1 Hachette Partworks (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You are great contributor, Benevolens Magister. The forum is the better for your contributions, sir.

Hello,
I apologize if this has been already stated above, but I would like to mention that I just finished reading this magazine:
Aviation Classic Lancaster.jpg

that includes many b&w historical pictures as well as several colour photos taken at restored birds, like these in example:

Aviation Classic Lancaster 2.jpg

For those that doesn't know yet, these magazines are available from: Classic Aircraft profiled every issue - Aviation Classics Magazine

Alberto

Good stuff Alberto. Note that in that last photo, showing the mid-upper turret, the seat harness, or more correctly the lap belt, is a modern item, adapted from ejection seat harness components, in order to comply with UK Military and Civil Aviation Authority safety regulations. The war time belts were the usual webbing as used on the pilot's seat etc.

Thanks again to Gnomey, Matt, Andy, Terry, David, Evan, Wayne, Wurger Jan for your continuing support of this build.

You are great contributor, Benevolens Magister. The forum is the better for your contributions, sir.

I can only mirror Matt Jan's appreciation of Terry's contribution to this forum, not only by his generous mailing of references to me for this build, but for his outstanding knowledge - and willingness to share - on all matters pertaining to British aircraft of that period. It would also be wrong to ignore the contributions of many other members of the forum, such as Andy and Wayne, not only on this build but also to my other completed builds. I just hope that I haven't offended anyone by not name checking them, but there are so many of you that I am so grateful to, it would be impossible to mention you all here.

Thanks also to Alberto for bringing that reference series to our attention. It's not one I was aware of before. As I said above, I have a good selection of references for the Lanc, both from my own researches and from references contributed from Terry and Andy, in particular, but you can never have too many. The price point of those magazines are quite keen and I am tempted to indulge, not just on the Lanc but on several others, such as the Mosquito and Hurricane that I have 'build pending'.

Just a final word on (Keith) Muller. I mentioned him to some of the members at the IPMS meeting on Saturday but mainly drew a blank, apart from one member who thought he may also have been posting to the Britmodeller forum at around the same time. The problem is that we're not sure that 'Muller' is his real name or his user name. But even 'Keith' didn't ring any bells. I will keep an eye out for him, in case he resurfaces here.

Cheers,

Gerry

Last edited:
Someone once told me "Knowledge not shared, is wasted" I have always remembered that.....

The best thing about this forum is the absolute "willingness to share" philosophy of its many members...without hesitation or reservation......THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE! :D

Gerry, and Matt, thank you both, and the rest of you too, for the kind words.
I'm at an age when I find that helping others, if they're willing to help themselves, costs nothing, and gives a certain amount of satisfaction in knowing that someone has learned something, which in turn can be passed on, whilst at the same time assisting in producing something worthwhile.
With over 50 years of being around aviation, real and model, and military 'things', and with the privilege of having met and talked with many veteran (and modern) aircrew, I'm fortunate enough to have accrued a lot of experience, and a 'bank' of information and knowledge of various subjects, and it's only right that this should be shared. After all, twenty plus years from now (all being well during that time!), I'll be gone, and I can't take this knowledge with me!
I'll try to help, whenever possible, those who have a genuine need, and strive to accumulate their own knowledge and improve skills. I will, however, hesitate for those who 'want everything on a plate', or don't have the basic courtesy to say 'thank you', or at least acknowledge this help.

With Andy!

And nice photos there Alberto!

Gerry, just to let you know: we will be catching up soon mate! :D Secured a nice flat in Carrick on Shannon yesterday, will be moving in first week of August.

Last edited:
Well put Terry!

Evan, delighted to hear your news. I presume it's work that's taking you to that location? Trust you'll find good internet connections when you get there. As far as I remember, Muller was also based in Leitrim around the time of his last posts. I'm sure we'll be able to meet at some stage, once you get settled in.

Regards,

Gerry

You can count on it mate!
As for location, that and Sligo seemed like nice places when I visited, and I always loved the sound of the name Carrick-on-Shannon when they said it on the radio ( :) ).
There is also supposedly work around too, the main motivator for the move ( - bloody hope so!!!).
Be funny if Keith is in the Leitrim area, I thought he was also in Dublin for some reason. Will try and drop him an e-mail again, see if he answers.

Evan

Hi Guys, I'm away again for a couple of weeks, hence the delay in posting new photos. I had hoped to post before I left but I ran into some problems with the interior grey/green shade which delayed me somewhat. I'll explain in more detail when I get back when I can illustrate with some photos. I also have some assemblies not quite finished, so I'd rather wait to get them right before I post them. So, thanks for your patience and normal service will be resumed asap.

Cheers,

Gerry

Gerry, and Matt, thank you both, and the rest of you too, for the kind words.
I'm at an age when I find that helping others, if they're willing to help themselves, costs nothing, and gives a certain amount of satisfaction in knowing that someone has learned something, which in turn can be passed on, whilst at the same time assisting in producing something worthwhile.
With over 50 years of being around aviation, real and model, and military 'things', and with the privilege of having met and talked with many veteran (and modern) aircrew, I'm fortunate enough to have accrued a lot of experience, and a 'bank' of information and knowledge of various subjects, and it's only right that this should be shared. After all, twenty plus years from now (all being well during that time!), I'll be gone, and I can't take this knowledge with me!
I'll try to help, whenever possible, those who have a genuine need, and strive to accumulate their own knowledge and improve skills. I will, however, hesitate for those who 'want everything on a plate', or don't have the basic courtesy to say 'thank you', or at least acknowledge this help.
With that being said, I have to say, "Bring me a plate!, Dammit", I want all your knowledge! And just in case I have never said the proper thanks, I really do appreciate the information that you have about R.A.F. stuff. We have disagreed about U.S.N. stuff, but that is O.K., because I know I am right. (I have to be,, the voices said I was.),
and anyways,... well, I just am.
Hope you are around for 20++ years. And maybe to meet up some day!

With that being said, I have to say, "Bring me a plate!, Dammit", I want all your knowledge! And just in case I have never said the proper thanks, I really do appreciate the information that you have about R.A.F. stuff. We have disagreed about U.S.N. stuff, but that is O.K., because I know I am right. (I have to be,, the voices said I was.),
and anyways,... well, I just am.
Hope you are around for 20++ years. And maybe to meet up some day!

:thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back